Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Balkana

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought the phone yesterday and I am still getting used to it, been using LG L3 II so it is a huuuge change.

I do not know if this is a bug, but all the sound is being 'played' on the back speaker - I have a feeling like front one is not working. Any ideas how to test it?

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone yesterday and I am still getting used to it, been using LG L3 II so it is a huuuge change.

I do not know if this is a bug, but all the sound is being 'played' on the back speaker - I have a feeling like front one is not working. Any ideas how to test it?
Uh make a call? There is one speaker on the back for loud sound. Front one place it on your ear and hear the other person when you make a call😉

Balkana

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So it's 'just' that? Haha
I'll test it later.

And a question, although I am from croatia it shows me in Extras+Info that mobile operator is 000-HU. Does it affect anything like updates?

And yesterday when I was charging phone it couldnt reach 100%, 95% was max. It's charging now so I'll see if it's still like that. Θ_Θ

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So it's 'just' that? Haha
I'll test it later.

And a question, although I am from croatia it shows me in Extras+Info that mobile operator is 000-HU. Does it affect anything like updates?

And yesterday when I was charging phone it couldnt reach 100%, 95% was max. It's charging now so I'll see if it's still like that. Θ_Θ

OOO-HU means its hungary country variant.. all wp in Croatia are more or less HU country variant. it will not affect updates. (poz sa bugovog foruma) :D
dont Know anything for 95% bug... try resetting the phone. its Windows most things get in line with resetting. :D

Balkana

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Pozz :)

It just seems like it charges slowly when it's near the end, I got to 100% yesterday.

I was thinking about getting some accessories for the phone, like protective mask (or flip cover), screen protector (if it's any good) and external battery because I'm heavy user of phones (I saw some cheap power banks, not sure if they are any good cause I heard that they charge really slow). Any recommendations?

RMT1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi I've just noticed a bug on my l930 which up til now seems to have not been affected by any of the other reported problems. My camera launches when the phone is locked even with the function un checked under settings-apps-photos & camera. Has anybody else come across this problem. It is a nuisance when placing my phone in the car cradle due to the position of the camera key otherwise I could probably live with it

JensWeissflog

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get my 930 into nice little zoom.

930.jpg

The only real bug I've encountered is in the volume controls. Sometimes when I'm listening to music or podcasts, the volume level gets stuck: I can adjust the volume value, go from 0 to 30 and back, but the sound coming through my headphones doesn't change. I wonder if anybody else has encountered this?

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I managed to get my 930 into nice little zoom.

View attachment 85100

The only real bug I've encountered is in the volume controls. Sometimes when I'm listening to music or podcasts, the volume level gets stuck: I can adjust the volume value, go from 0 to 30 and back, but the sound coming through my headphones doesn't change. I wonder if anybody else has encountered this?
That little zoom is because you tapped the screen with two fingers. This setting can be turn off

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a noticeable rattle sound if i even lightly tap the top left side of the phone (near the sim card).Its not the optical stabilization/camera as Ive owned lumias before and recognise the sound of that.

Anyone else got this? Not sure if a lose sim card tray/chassis or something. Thanks in advance x

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a noticeable rattle sound if i even lightly tap the top left side of the phone (near the sim card).Its not the optical stabilization/camera as Ive owned lumias before and recognise the sound of that.

Anyone else got this? Not sure if a lose sim card tray/chassis or something. Thanks in advance x

Are you sure it's not your volume rocker you can hear rattle?
Mine seems a bit loose and shaky.

ssushmanth

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I notice an issue with deleting an image in default camera app .. But I'm not sure whether it is something to do with the camera app or it is just upto the Lumia 930 devices .. When you capture image n swipe left to view images n when I try to delete recently clicked images most times it is not getting deleted.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe because at that time it's uploading to OneDrive. I've noticed that on mine, either leave it a few mins then delete or cancel the upload first.

Agent_Poisson

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I have had my 930 since early September and everything has been great with it really impressed but then nearly 2 weeks ago the touch screen stopped responding intermittently and if it did it started to open apps / call people / send pictures to people at random.

After a hard reset and a software repair it was still showing these problems so I duly returned it to EE who sent it to their repair centre who send it back within a week saying No Fault Found but having reset the software. I had had the phone back a little over 24 hours having just restored everything including all apps when the same problem started again. In fact it is doing everything mentioned in windowscentral forum with regards to the Lumia1520 entitled screen-jumping-action-need-help

It wont even let me type in the lock screen pin now without the screen being unresponsive. any one else had experience of this and if so what are the solutions?.
Thanks

Agent Poisson

josti1975

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Since a few months I am the proud owner of a Lumia 930.
All is working well except.....:devil:
Somehow at regular times all speaker sounds stops working: No ringtone, no wakeup call, etc... Also I am not able to record video. If I plug in a headphone speaker sounds are restored, also after a restart.
I did send in the phone two times for repair, but this issue seems unresolved.
Do more people have this issue? Is it soft or hardware and should I insist on a replacement?
All help is appreciated
J

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h