Nokia message tone problem

Eblermeister

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
I just updated the software on my Lumia 920 - the update worked fine, but upon receiving my first sms after the update I noticed a problem with the Nokia message sound.. instead if sounding bright, clear and loud as usual, it sounded odd, low and a little bit like as if the phone was under water when it played the tune.
I turned the phone off and back on, but it didn't work..
All the other tones/tunes work fine on the phone, and it also plays music perfectly - so the speakers are fine..
I tried a soft reset, but with no luck - I don't hope that I have to do a hard reset to fix this small but yet very annoying problem..
How do I solve this issue?
Thanks in advance :)

Mannymiller

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
hiya.. first post..
i upgraded mine to and found the message tone to be also quiet. i did read somewhere that they have changed the tones.. i since have reverted back to my original firmware and the tones are back to normal., so im guessing..its a tone thing,. not a phone thing.

Eblermeister

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks alot for your quick answers! Nice to know that it isn't a problem with my phone - haha, then it turned out being stupid of me using a whole day trying to get my sms tone back to normal ;)
Problem solved :)

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the volume goes to 13 after a reboot? I tried placing it higher, say, 18 then reboot the phone. It goes back to 13

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the volume goes to 13 after a reboot? I tried placing it higher, say, 18 then reboot the phone. It goes back to 13

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
That's the way it has been designed and working since the Portico update in March

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's the way it has been designed and working since the Portico update in March

that's weird. I only got to experience it after amber. Prior to amber my volume stays where I place it even after several reboots

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not asking how many devices you have. I'm saying that this is what I observed. A few of my friends here also saw it. I'm positive only after the amber update did this happen on my phone. I reboot every night prior to charging and watch a few videos on YouTube tube before sleeping. I'm sure I'd know if the volume changed. Mine didn't until recently.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I am not saying how many devices i have or had, just saying that this has been the case since portico on multiple types of devices from different manufacturers. May be its a region specific rom feature but this is how it has been on all my devices, all having the US rom version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss