Nokia recall their 820 devices on T-mobile UK

bonka b

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded 3 lines in t-mobile last week. Then this morning i got a call from t-mobile today telling me that Nokia had to recall all the lumia 820's as there is something wrong with them. To make up to their customers, t-mobile are giving people who pre-ordered the 820 lumia 920's free of charge on the same price plan they agreed. Anybody else experience this?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, wow, that's crazy. Gads, I hope that doesn't happen here in the US... I love my 820 and I started out with a 920.

cbarry1

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Probably the same issue I had with my phone and its proxy sensor. The phone is flawed, I went through 2 in 2 weeks, both with the same issues.

Won't be surpised if this happens worldwide.

MissDMeaner

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a call from TMobile on Monday and was offered the free upgrade to a 920, same plan I had been offered for the 820 and no charge for the phone, at the time I was told it was because I had been waiting too long for my upgrade (pre-ordered on 3rd November) then yesterday when I spoke to another TMobile rep I was told Nokia were recalling the 820's and the 920's because of a fault and they could no longer accept orders for either phone, however today when I spoke to them I was told that the information I was given yesterday was incorrect, so I now take anything TMobile tell me with a very large pinch of salt!!!

barne19801

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Im on my third 820, i bought this sim free from phones 4u so i would be interested to see what the problem is. Or is it just a tmobile problem. I would suspect its not firmware or you would just push an update wouldn't you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akashdeep3469