Noob setup/activation question

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, if this is in the wrong thread, please forgive me. I wasn't certain which thread would be best for this.

After waiting for just over two months, I am finally getting my yellow Lumia 920 today! However, I am porting my home phone number to it, and according to Walmart Wireless (where I purchased the phone), the number will not port until "sometime tomorrow" (confirmed on their website).

My question is, does anyone know if it is possible to power up the phone when I get it this evening to familiarize myself with its workings before the number is ported tomorrow? The rep at Walmart Wireless said he did not know if I would be assigned a temporary number until my home phone number is ported tomorrow, which is why I ask. I don't want to boot the phone and muck something up if the new number isn't ready to port yet.

And, yes, I can certainly wait until tomorrow to mess with it - I've waited over two months, so another day is easy - but I'm eager to start using it and seeing what all it can do (on my home WiFi, if possible). But if the answer is, "just wait until tomorrow" - then I certainly will. I just wanted to ping out to y'all to see if anyone knew anything regarding this. I wasn't able to craft an interwebs search which answered this for me, so I'm turning to y'all.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The number is attached to you sim card, not the phone, so it's not a problem :) When your number is ported, just restart the phone and you'll be good!

spiffus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Tafsern-

Thanks again for your assistance. I shut down my phone this morning and powered it up, and as the number port had apparently been done, it worked like a charm!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro