Not enough space for Win 10 phone update - options?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Lumia 630 and I've been on the Win 10 slow ring for a while. Because of the phone's limited internal storage (4 gb), I've had to delete or move stuff to my SD card to make room for every update.

However, the 10586.164 update says it needs 1.2 gb, and even after I've moved/deleted every movable/deletable app, all personal files, all temp files, etc., the available space still falls quite a bit short.

So, what are my options? I'm thinking of using the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset the phone to Win 8.1 and then jumping back onto the slow ring to update to the latest version of Win 10. Would that work? Are there other options? Thanks...

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 630 and I've been on the Win 10 slow ring for a while. Because of the phone's limited internal storage (4 gb), I've had to delete or move stuff to my SD card to make room for every update.

However, the 10586.164 update says it needs 1.2 gb, and even after I've moved/deleted every movable/deletable app, all personal files, all temp files, etc., the available space still falls quite a bit short.

So, what are my options? I'm thinking of using the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset the phone to Win 8.1 and then jumping back onto the slow ring to update to the latest version of Win 10. Would that work? Are there other options? Thanks...
L630 has 8GB of phone memory. Best option is to perform backup to onedrive and hard reset your device, don't restore from backup and install w10 under slow ring development via insider app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss