Not enough storage for anniversary update (Lumia 730)

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I own a Lumia 730, my sys & res is 3.74gb, I have uninstalled all apps on internal storage and still don't have enough room for the anniversary update (need about 100mb more), most people are gonna tell me to do a hard reset, but I'm saving that as a last resort thing. Anyone with a 730 having the same problem? And any ideas on what to do other than a hard reset, like I said it's my last resort. Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I own a Lumia 730, my sys & res is 3.74gb, I have uninstalled all apps on internal storage and still don't have enough room for the anniversary update (need about 100mb more), most people are gonna tell me to do a hard reset, but I'm saving that as a last resort thing. Anyone with a 730 having the same problem? And any ideas on what to do other than a hard reset, like I said it's my last resort. Thanks

In Storage, which is the biggest space draining app? you can order list by space

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Delete all temp files using the Storage app (settings page), and delete Edge browsing history. Delete any offline maps you've downloaded.

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
My maps are stored on my sd, I've deleted my browsing history already, but I wasn't aware of the temp files so I'll try those thank you
Actually, I've just tried deleting all my music (also stored on sd but I figured it was bloating Groove, as I have 7gb of music) and it seems to be downloading the update and it's stopped asking me to delete things so fingers crossed! Thank you both for replying :)

NokiLumia520

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
My maps are stored on my sd, I've deleted my browsing history already, but I wasn't aware of the temp files so I'll try those thank you
Actually, I've just tried deleting all my music (also stored on sd but I figured it was bloating Groove, as I have 7gb of music) and it seems to be downloading the update and it's stopped asking me to delete things so fingers crossed! Thank you both for replying :)

Javi sta se desilo kad zavrsis :)

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you got it figured out, but for future reference, try deleting emails and message threads that may contain a large number of pictures or other media files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss