Notification Center in WP8

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Windows mobile power user is reporting that MS wanted to implement a notification center, but ran out of time.

Guess we'll see it in WP9

TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Windows mobile power user is reporting that MS wanted to implement a notification center, but ran out of time.

Guess we'll see it in WP9

TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS!
Interesting. I've mentioned in a few threads that switching to the new kernel must've taken a lot of time and resources for MS to focus on everything regarding WP8. You have a link to that report?

What DID happen to WeeBear?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
They clearly ran out of time. WP8 is WP7.5 with a new kernel and a promising future, it's a new start. We are 5 years late, i hope MSFT update WP more often because one year for a major update is not enough.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
But, the start screen! And the lock screen!

In all seriousness, it's good to know that someone at MS understands the need for it. WP8.5 maybe?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Great, now people here can stop telling me I'm doing it wrong.

Hahaha but at the moment you are! j/k.

It'll be interesting to see their take on a notification center. Hopefully we'll see one in 8.5. I'm hoping they MS left a bunch of features out because they plan to speed up their dev and release cycles once they got over the hump of the kernel switch.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They are going to have to rebuild the kernal again, so no updates for WP8 to WP9, which will introduce the all new fantastic notification system. Lol

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
WEll i guess that rumor awhile back where they had to cut features out of wp8 to make the launch date could have some validity if this rumor turns out to be true.

And remember when Nodo came out which brought cut and paste (then considered a major omission)? Yeah that was like sometime at the beginning of the new year, before Mango mid-year.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
WEll i guess that rumor awhile back where they had to cut features out of wp8 to make the launch date could have some validity if this rumor turns out to be true.
Absolutely.

And remember when Nodo came out which brought cut and paste (then considered a major omission)? Yeah that was like sometime at the beginning of the new year, before Mango mid-year.
NoDo was January 2011 or so (very soon after WP7s launch). Mango arrived in September 2011, I think?

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely.

NoDo was January 2011 or so (very soon after WP7s launch). Mango arrived in September 2011, I think?

I thought Mango was 'official' in like end of July but some carriers didnt roll it out till a couple months after. At least..i htink thats what happened.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

NoDo was announced at CES (January) and MWC (February) but didn't actually come out until March (and April for most of us).

We'll probably see an intermediate update announced at MWC. I doubt it'll include anything that would require updates to the SDK though. I'm guessing more hardware support (Snapdragon S4 Pro and perhaps ST-Ericcson's NovaThor and NVIDIA's Tegra 4) and other things that don't really affect users (like universal search). We'll see though

I thought Mango was 'official' in like end of July but some carriers didnt roll it out till a couple months after. At least..i htink thats what happened.

I think the Mango beta was released late July, with it going RTM in mid/late August, and it being officially released around September.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Think about it, if the notification center is like the N9, swipe to the left from the home screen
Trying to think, if you swipe your finger to the left from the Start screen on WP8 (revealing screen right of Start), you'd get Kids Corner, so for a Notification Center you'd be swiping your finger to the right (revealing screen left of Start).

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
NoDo was announced at CES (January) and MWC (February) but didn't actually come out until March (and April for most of us).
Aaaah, that makes sense. I remember coming down from Yosemite in April 2011 and there was an update notification on my phone. So that was NoDo, then. Thanks for the clarification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)