Numerical Keyboard Prompts Often Not Recognized

GWBlack

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have a 930 with Denim and WP 8.1. When I press the numbers on my keyboard to call someplace, each number is well-recognized and gives an audible beep to confirm. However, once my call is answered and then I need to respond to audible prompts such as "Press 1 to reach this department", "Press 2 to reach that department", etc., then my keyboard entries often don't seem to be recognized. For example, if I press "1", the "1" will show up on my screen, but there isn't any beep to confirm it and the automated system doesn't recognize it.

I'm pretty sure it isn't my keyboard, since it detects every number I dial very well when making the call to begin with. It's just the keyboard numbers which I press when responding to automated prompts that often don't seem to be recognized.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have a 930 with Denim and WP 8.1. When I press the numbers on my keyboard to call someplace, each number is well-recognized and gives an audible beep to confirm. However, once my call is answered and then I need to respond to audible prompts such as "Press 1 to reach this department", "Press 2 to reach that department", etc., then my keyboard entries often don't seem to be recognized. For example, if I press "1", the "1" will show up on my screen, but there isn't any beep to confirm it and the automated system doesn't recognize it.

I'm pretty sure it isn't my keyboard, since it detects every number I dial very well when making the call to begin with. It's just the keyboard numbers which I press when responding to automated prompts that often don't seem to be recognized.

Has anybody else seen this problem?

it might be a problem with the carrier rather than the phone - maybe the telcom sevice isn't recognising the entries

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786