Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
To anyone coming in here claiming to have a "date for release" from this point forward it's BS unless you can show your PROOF. We need to see a tweet, or facebook post (with a direct link)or some valid info. As MOST of us know, Verizon CS or CSRs DO NOT KNOW CRAP, they never have and they never will on this subject. Their quotes are worthless.

Been saying that all along. From the guy in October who said we were minutes away from Cyan to every other post. Complete bull****!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Sort of tangent:

Voice control is pretty nice when unobtrusive and natural. I could see using Hey Cortana in the car, for example.

Picked up the Amazon Echo (around $71 after Prime discount, CC points, and delayed shipping credit). Can control from browser (even WP8), remote, our Fire HD7, and voice.

The voice control is natural and pretty accurate. Between controlling our thermostat on my phone (ecobee) and talking to my house about music, weather, timers, and such, it feels like Star Trek up in here.

*stands in front of door waiting for it to whoosh open*

InvaderExx

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has gotten the Denim update, but I got it yesterday morning. I'm on a Verizon Lumia Icon. It doesn't support "Hey Cortana" or allow me to download the new Lumia Camera, but the update is there. I took a screenshot of the "extras+info" section to prove I've got it, but I don't know how to post it on here. I'm posting from my Icon.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has gotten the Denim update, but I got it yesterday morning. I'm on a Verizon Lumia Icon. It doesn't support "Hey Cortana" or allow me to download the new Lumia Camera, but the update is there. I took a screenshot of the "extras+info" section to prove I've got it, but I don't know how to post it on here. I'm posting from my Icon.

:angry:

InvaderExx

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Ah okay, I haven't really looked into it, just saw the update and thought I'd post. I just signed up for this Windows Central account just so I can post in case nobody had done so already. Can anyone send me a link to these threads? Just curious.

Update: Never mind, I found other threads discussing this issue. bummer, thanks.

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Ah okay, I haven't really looked into it, just saw the update and thought I'd post. I just signed up for this Windows Central account just so I can post in case nobody had done so already. Can anyone send me a link to these threads? Just curious.

Update: Never mind, I found other threads discussing this issue. bummer, thanks.

No worries. The post is appreciated but, unfortunately, this bug has become a nuisance for many new and current ICON owners. Welcome to the Denim waiting game!

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia...e-causes-false-lumia-denim-firmware-sightings

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 will be out this month for us developers who are stuck with out of date software like Icon owners are so F#&k Denim!

I wouldn't go anywhere near a Tech Preview of Windows 10 with an Icon yet, unless it's a backup of a backup phone. Go back and read all the people complaining about bugs with the DP, and that was fairly ready for release. The Windows 10 phone preview is going to be much, much buggier.

I'll stick with the 8.1 DP until Denim comes out, tyvm.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Yea a lot of people are going to jump on the WP 10 technical preview thinking it will be just like the preview for developers that many of us on these forums run with no problems now but that will not be the case with the WP tech preview

Should you install the Windows 10 Technical Preview on your phone? | Windows Central

be informed of what you are getting into with the tech preview

I am not even sure if we had Denim that I would jump on the tech preview right when it is released, but it will be an easy decision for me with the Icon because I have no interest running a beta build of an OS paired with year old firmware on a phone I use as a daily driver

miketworld929

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Yea a lot of people are going to jump on the WP 10 technical preview thinking it will be just like the preview for developers that many of us on these forums run with no problems now but that will not be the case with the WP tech preview

Should you install the Windows 10 Technical Preview on your phone? | Windows Central

be informed of what you getting into with the tech preview

I am not even sure if we had Denim that I would jump on the tech preview right when it is released, but it will be an easy decision for me with the Icon because I have no interest running a beta build of an OS paired with year old firmware on a phone I use as a daily driver

So the Windows 10 preview will not come with its own software? and it will use say Black for example... Like currently I'm on the developers preview of 8.1 and have most all of the features but using Black software. Is this True?

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Never was a fan of preview for developers. Those who are, certainly are in the minority relative to the Windows Phone user base. I'd rather have a stable, tested version. On this phone, it is unfortunately Windows Phone 8.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895