Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

praveen_varma

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
everyone here first update your phone to version 0002 via nokia software updater from your pc or visit a nokia carecenter later u can update to amber over wifi

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Before Nokia updated the page to Amber firmware update, they said the latest firmware is 0002. I'm not really sure if the update will come for 0001 firmware. It's kinda like this, if you have Windows 98 you will not be able to upgrade to Windows 7 but those who have Windows XP can opt to upgrade to WIndows 7!!

Actually, both .0001 and .0002 are same firmware with only some batch difference. So, there is no need of an upgrade by losing some of our valuable informations in the phone- this is what Nokia care said...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Somebody plz guide me on how to flash gdr2 on 620 via Nokia Software Updater for retail.......i have downloaded the firmware...what will happen if i flash,how long will it take,etc... Thanks

LenPats_94

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
ok anyways... just fyi, my FW version ends in 1308.0001. I've been reading a lot of posts by others prompting people to go to a care centre havethem update it to 1308.0002 and then instantly receive the Amber update. One post i read, said and I quote, "I went to the Nokia Care Centre, they had my phone for 45 minutes and updated it to FW Version 1308.0002. I went home and connected to the WiFi, and the amber update instantly showed up." Hence, I am all the more frantic. What's your FW number? and thanks for your insight btw.

Cornel Nedelciuc

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys ! I'm not sure anyone posted about this yet. I updated to Amber a couple of weeks ago via NSU for Retail, after a while a noticed that while in call sometimes I can't hear the person I'm talking to. To be clear I don't think it's a HW problem since it goes away after I pull off the battery and when I went to a Nokia Store a guy suggested to do a factory reset which helped for about a week. With the headphones and loudspeaker everything works fine. Anybody else having this problem? Any suggestions ?

Mukesh966

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Nopes man, we are with you. :p
Some guys have made a rumour that fw. 0001 won't get amber update, but it is not true. My friend has lumia 620 UAE fw .0001 and he got amber update. SO, THIS MEANS THAT we will also get update.We can wait only.

AKVR

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Checked yesterday, I was disappointed that I dint get the amber update !!!!!
What is the actual reason for this behavior, when they say update is available and when checked from lumia there are no new updates

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
This is really frustrating Nokia. We are the first in India, who bought Lumia 620. In India, Amber update is available for Lumia 620 for about 40 days. The website shows that the update is available for Lumia 620. But now, we are the only ones who don't have the update( 620 users having firmware xxxxx.0001). I contacted customer care through twitter,Facebook,mails and even phone calls. They have failed to give me a precise answer. They can only say - wait,wait and wait. They don't even know- how many days we have to wait for that. Till now, I didn't flash my phone to fw-.0002 because l, still believe in Nokia. My friends's android phones are getting updated in regular intervals. If, this is the situation, how can we expect GDR3 update even in the next year...?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep. if you dont have Amber firmware on your phone, dont worry, lol, the phone will not make it to GDDR3. Rest assured on that front :)

milanmk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I finally got Amber update with firmware .0001. The first update was only from Nokia which updated it from .0001 to .0002 and then I checked again for update and it showed Amber update.

dinilkannur

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Finally i got the update the first came as a short update of about 18 mb and this changed my version no from 0001 to 0002. The update changed my label id and after some time notification gave me another update probably the amber .

Prinoy Da Costa

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
i got some update(nokia update for windows phone , but it was not the 0002 update , now im without any amber update....any one besides me has this problem??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm