Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

israr375

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
When the update was announced, we were third in the line( behind 920 n 820). Now, all the others got the update.... Still, Lumia 620 doesn't have it. Customer care executive has only one answer..... Wait.... Wait.... N wait.... I am ready to wait... But, I don't know how many days I have to wait for this promised land.....��

Don't worry.. You'll get it..

TARIQ AZAM

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 620 tomorrow to Amber now facing few problems.

Hy guys. I updated my Lumia 620 (WP8) to Amber tomorrow now facing issues.
1:It freezes during call and some other functions.
2: Nokia Maps does not open, when I try to open Nokia Maps it does not open the map but clos the map app and return to the menu.
3: When i change lock screen photo some photos do apply to lock screen while few does not apply.
I did hard & soft reset but this problem still occurs. Plz help me or tell me the method to go back to old firmware discarding Amber.
Thanks

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
To the guys who had .002 firmware preloaded,what is your hardware revision number?Mine is 1.0.0.0. Just want to make sure before flashing my phone......

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
"Wait till 15th October" - this is the latest advice given by Nokia customer care executive for an enquiry about amber update for my Lumia 620....��

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
"Wait till 15th October" - this is the latest advice given by Nokia customer care executive for an enquiry about amber update for my Lumia 620....?0?6

rohirrimp

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Why are they showing available for India on Nokia Site. Hopefully 15th oct is the day 620 gets updated. My dad is not bothered btw, I have the itch to get it updated :p

Ymanish

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: I updated my Lumia 620 tomorrow to Amber now facing few problems.

Hy guys. I updated my Lumia 620 (WP8) to Amber tomorrow now facing issues.
1:It freezes during call and some other functions.
2: Nokia Maps does not open, when I try to open Nokia Maps it does not open the map but clos the map app and return to the menu.
3: When i change lock screen photo some photos do apply to lock screen while few does not apply.
I did hard & soft reset but this problem still occurs. Plz help me or tell me the method to go back to old firmware discarding Amber.
Thanks

hard reset worked for me....had the same problem

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys i am from India and have updated Amber yesterday.

feautres i didnt get are :

1) CALL+SMS Block missing from my settings menu

2) Photos+Camera option is also not there .

3) i cant find NOKIA PRO CAMERA app in OVI store .

4) double tap wake up feature is missing.

5) FM radio is not there ..

rest all the features are working fine ...

please help me guys.

3/4/5 are not available for the 620. For the rest, wait for system updates

winphoneaddict

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok........ I had a few problems when i originally updated to gdr2/amber, but did a hard reset that got rid of most. Any subsequent problems i have had, seem to be abating with use. It seems kinda crazy, but i think i remember someone saying in a post on the 620 forum here, that as he used the phone after the update, performance just kept getting better, and problems just kept cropping up less and less. That has absolutely been my experience. This phone now works the best it has since i bought it. I am having "zero" problems at this point, and performance is so snappy, i almost forget this is a "budget" Lumia. I've fallen in love with my little phone, all over again.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
buy sony or samsung and you be there.
Lumia 620 doesn't have the chip for fm radio. That means, with any of the future updates, you cannot enjoy the fm radio in Lumia 620. That's not the problem of the update. And, there are lot of smartphones without fm radio in Samsung, Sony and other android phones. for eg, samsung galaxy s4 doesn't have it.
Samsung explains why there's no FM radio in the Galaxy S4
Don't blame Nokia or windows phone without knowing these... Thank you...

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Before Nokia updated the page to Amber firmware update, they said the latest firmware is 0002. I'm not really sure if the update will come for 0001 firmware. It's kinda like this, if you have Windows 98 you will not be able to upgrade to Windows 7 but those who have Windows XP can opt to upgrade to WIndows 7!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm