Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

MemeMI

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 620 and the update for my country has the status "coming soon", but now I've been waiting over a week for the status to change to "available."
How long do I have to wait, till the update is available for my country?
How long have you've been waiting for it?

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
i got my 620 amber update from a nokia care centre but my screen's not as responsive as it used to be, i.e. only the lower part just above the home, back n search keys.. anyone else having this problem? :crying:

L620 Amberised by NSU and then OTA. Then faced exactly the same problem: though the unresponsive localization was mostly the right lower part (max just above the search and home keys). Alphajax was unplayable. Pressing space or enter with thumb frequently required 2 or 3 presses and with other fingers it was nearly impossible. Touch testing via the 'Insider' app revealed the problem where scribbling on that part resulted fragmented line. Did a hard reset. Condition improved a lot. But couldn't say its totally gone. A tiny chink of screen (right bottommost) still the same.

eben wilkins

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 620 got Amber update in St.Vincent (Caribbean) finally. Battery life seems to have been improved despite others refuting the claim. The OS itself seems to run smoother. One thing though. My lumia since the amber update does not rotate it's screen. While viewing pictures the screen no longer rotates nor does it rotate in IE. Anyone has a fix to this problem?

MemeMI

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So today in the morning my phone got the message that the update is available.
But now during the update I get an error 80108830f - the update was downloaded successfully but the phone could not open it?

Can someone help me?! :(

Prashant Gaykar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does the GDR2 update fix the song duplication issue?

I M not able to update my "Lumia 620" it consistently giving me error unable to download update with error code 801881d0
after long try when it get download then there was a problem with installation phase with error "update was downloaded but couldn't be open (c00cee3b)"
I am using WIFI connection for update

rajeshks16

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does the GDR2 update fix the song duplication issue?

I M not able to update my "Lumia 620" it consistently giving me error unable to download update with error code 801881d0
after long try when it get download then there was a problem with installation phase with error "update was downloaded but couldn't be open (c00cee3b)"
I am using WIFI connection for update
You are downloading through OTA or through NSU ??

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with 0001 firmware got Amber OTA update ??? I am not getting any notification. If there's a clear communication from Nokia that our phones needs to be updated to 0002 firmware in order to be updated to Amber, that will be great, I can print it and show it to the Nokia care jacksters.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with 0001 firmware got Amber OTA update ??? I am not getting any notification. If there's a clear communication from Nokia that our phones needs to be updated to 0002 firmware in order to be updated to Amber, that will be great, I can print it and show it to the Nokia care jacksters.

Me too waiting on 001 :p
please someone show us the Amber LIGHT

israr375

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Nope, my Nokia updated beautifully. However, this is why I avoid Nokia care and similar flashing ways. The OTA updates usually come with other firmware and specific fixes/updates for your phone, which you don't get through the Nokia care/flashing method. Sometimes these extras are necessary for the update to be perfect, thus why you should always wait for the OTA update. This was the case with WP7, I'm not fully sure about WP8 but it does seem logical they would keep the same update process, why change what's working well.

What was your previous firmware version bro..?? .0001 or .0002??

amitmehra057

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys i am from India and have updated Amber yesterday.

feautres i didnt get are :

1) CALL+SMS Block missing from my settings menu

2) Photos+Camera option is also not there .

3) i cant find NOKIA PRO CAMERA app in OVI store .

4) double tap wake up feature is missing.

5) FM radio is not there ..

rest all the features are working fine ...

please help me guys.

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys i am from India and have updated Amber yesterday.

feautres i didnt get are :

1) CALL+SMS Block missing from my settings menu

2) Photos+Camera option is also not there .

3) i cant find NOKIA PRO CAMERA app in OVI store .

4) double tap wake up feature is missing.

5) FM radio is not there ..

rest all the features are working fine ...

please help me guys.

Considering you've Amberised correctly, ie upgraded to firmware 3046....
1. Install 'Sysapp Pusher' and update all Nokia System apps. Hope you'll get the relevant Amber features.
2. The default 'Photos' and 'Camera' app has to be there. If not then something is wrong, do a phone reset.
3. First of all it's not "OVI store", simply Store. Pro Camera unlocks in series 92x and above for now. You get it by proxy method only.
4,5. These features are absent in 620.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So I went to Nokia care again and they told me amber update hasn't come except for 720.820 and 920. I managed to convince the personnel asking to install 0002 firmware for my phone, happily knowing that amber would get updates through ota. Once 0002 fw was installed , I went back home and immediately updated my phone to amber through phone update.

Please visit Nokia care to update to 0002 be assured this update will not spoil your phone. Know that manual flashing Will completely erase your data.

I'm disappointed with Nokia India, they should have first updated our phones to 0002 thru ota, instead they made us as fools waiting for amber. I doubt amber update will come for 0001, you can either wait endlessly or you can do what I did :)

Happy journey either way!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Ayush Upadhyay

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am having lots of trouble updating GDR2 in my Lumia 620. What is happening is,

1. The gears spin.
2. The low battery sign Appears (Though the phone is constantly connected to power source)
3. After a while the gears start spinning again and the cycle continues.

This has been going on for like 8 hours now. And Nokia Software Updater doesn't recognize the phone either. Any solutions to this?

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am having lots of trouble updating GDR2 in my Lumia 620. What is happening is,

1. The gears spin.
2. The low battery sign Appears (Though the phone is constantly connected to power source)
3. After a while the gears start spinning again and the cycle continues.

This has been going on for like 8 hours now. And Nokia Software Updater doesn't recognize the phone either. Any solutions to this?

Hello, its better you take your phone to nokia care they will fix your phone. Even i had the same problem took to nokia care n they fixed in an hour. So i prefer you to take it to nokia care. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm