Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

rainypass

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Received OTA update today for my unlocked international version Lumia 620 - South Africa (live in the US). Checked last night around midnight Pacific Daylight and status was waiting for approval, came through this morning around 11 am. It has tap to send, storage check, data sense, and glance -- whatever. Amber update deleted some apps that were stock that I never used that were country-specific and I am glad they are gone. I use mine on T-Mobile and really didn't need some of the data sense features. Didn't take that long to install - but I have new lock screen backgrounds that I don't care for at all.

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
It's long 9 days..... lot of people told me to wait for 2 or 3 days..... I waited 9 days......!!!:(
Still, my phone is not AMBERised..... Now they say- wait for 2 more weeks..... ;(

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Guys i have a strange issue. I have lumia 620.. i am from india
few days ago i update my phone through OTA. My firmware version is 3046.0000.1329.2001.
I have data sense. But it's not showing "Amber" in extras +info. I didn't get the glance screen update.
When i try to check for updates.. it says "it's already updated"..

So the question is do i have the amber or not.. or it's just gdr2. and when will i get the glance screen.

nocial

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys i have a strange issue. I have lumia 620.. i am from india
few days ago i update my phone through OTA. My firmware version is 3046.0000.1329.2001.
I have data sense. But it's not showing "Amber" in extras +info. I didn't get the glance screen update.
When i try to check for updates.. it says "it's already updated"..

So the question is do i have the amber or not.. or it's just gdr2. and when will i get the glance screen.

You need to install an app called Sys pusher and update all system apps.

Mhkw

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does the GDR2 update fix the song duplication issue?

Hello, Please help. I have a lumia 620 which I bought in Belguim but I live on a small Island in the Caribbean. My country/provider is not listed on the Nokia Amber Software Update list so I don't think I will get a update notification here. Can I go ahead and update with the Nokia Software Updater Retail? Or should I wait until the update shows "available" for Belgium on the Nokia update list? Right now for Belgium "country variant" is available and the other provider for Belgium is still "waiting for approval"
Thanks

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
@Mhkw Your phone is tied to the Belgian updates so assuming you have the carrier version once its approved you will get the notification or can get it manually via settings. No need to flash and lose your data unless you just can't wait for it but it shouldn't be more than 2 weeks more since we are already in mid September.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Anybody on att in the u.s get amber yet? Will it prompt for an update or do I have to use the Nokia suite?

I have a Hong Kong version I believe.

dlls

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Anybody on att in the u.s get amber yet? Will it prompt for an update or do I have to use the Nokia suite?

I have a Hong Kong version I believe.

If you have the Hong Kong version, you'll have to wait for the update to be available for Hong Kong (it isn't at the moment, according to Nokia's update availability website). It doesn't matter what country you're in or what carrier you're on, all that matters is the phone's product code.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support...ware-update/wp8-availability-in-asia-pacific/

gargi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
i got my 620 amber update from a nokia care centre but my screen's not as responsive as it used to be, i.e. only the lower part just above the home, back n search keys.. anyone else having this problem? :crying:

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
i got my 620 amber update from a nokia care centre but my screen's not as responsive as it used to be, i.e. only the lower part just above the home, back n search keys.. anyone else having this problem? :crying:

Nope, my Nokia updated beautifully. However, this is why I avoid Nokia care and similar flashing ways. The OTA updates usually come with other firmware and specific fixes/updates for your phone, which you don't get through the Nokia care/flashing method. Sometimes these extras are necessary for the update to be perfect, thus why you should always wait for the OTA update. This was the case with WP7, I'm not fully sure about WP8 but it does seem logical they would keep the same update process, why change what's working well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm