Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

Harsh Dhyani

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
guys this is a image of the earlier firmware version till the amber was not released for lumia 620 , here the latest firmware is given as 1030.6407.1308.0002 , whereas i still have .0001 , in NSU also it is showing to update to a version .0002 and the people who updated their phone from 0001 to 0002 by NSU are now receving OTA amber update. so is it that this firmware version is required to get amber...? 620 India.png

Sohan Mahajan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
guys this is a image of the earlier firmware version till the amber was not released for lumia 620 , here the latest firmware is given as 1030.6407.1308.0002 , whereas i still have .0001 , in NSU also it is showing to update to a version .0002 and the people who updated their phone from 0001 to 0002 by NSU are now receving OTA amber update. so is it that this firmware version is required to get amber...? View attachment 42620

No way... it has nothing to do with it I've two 620s one is with config Id 249100 and other with 146943.... I had firmware version for both of them as 1030.6407.1308.0002 but only one of them received amber(with config Id 249100)...the later is still waiting... maybe nokia is releasing the update in batches so please stay put...n wish they push it early...
{Config Id can be found in Extras+Info under settings}

matori

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I bought a Lumia 620 from the United Arab Emirates. The Nokia website lists the Amber update for Lumia 620 in UAE as "coming soon". I currently live in Romania where the update is still "waiting for approval".

So, my question is: will I receive the update when it starts being pushed in the UAE (since my phone was bought there) OR will I receive it when it starts rolling out in Romania (since this is where I am right now)?

I have similar problem ( I'm from serbia and mine lumia is for Saudi Arabia market ) You don't have to worry, your update will come from the UAE.

Suman Ghosh

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
what is the current firmware version for lumia 620 in india mine is 1030.6407.1308.0001

Exactly so..i compared with my brother of mine ..who's got .0002 and has got the update via WiFi..but i didn't using same WiFi. may be i think its firmware which is 0001 restricting the update.
Also the Nokia specification states that its for .0002 firmware(in official update status by nokia).

Anyways ..whats the next step..to go to the Customer care or wait for update of firmware ...or any Software Suite to flash it (eg. Nokia Care Suite)

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
i installed NSU today..
got to see the "update to .0002"
also it asks for Erase User data

My Questions is ..IS IT SAFE to update it?

wait for OTA update. Don't flash your phone. I'd been to nokia care yesterday and gave my l620, they checked it n said the update will depend on the product code. So the update has not been released for your product code. I'm totally disappointed by Nokia, don't know why its taking them so long even after officially released.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just came back from the nokia care center, the retards aren't even checking. They say it'll take some more time, only 920 is available. I specifically asked them to open the amber update site and i showed them even 820 and now 620 is available. The lady with a big attitude said it'll take one more week then. At first she said no one at nokia care has received amber update till now. I asked them to do a system flash. They were firm in their replies. Extremely disappointed. Dunno if i should just do it myself. My fw version is 0001 whereas the amber page showed 0002 as latest version prior to amber update.

Suman Ghosh

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Just came back from the nokia care center, the retards aren't even checking. They say it'll take some more time, only 920 is available. I specifically asked them to open the amber update site and i showed them even 820 and now 620 is available. The lady with a big attitude said it'll take one more week then. At first she said no one at nokia care has received amber update till now. I asked them to do a system flash. They were firm in their replies. Extremely disappointed. Dunno if i should just do it myself. My fw version is 0001 whereas the amber page showed 0002 as latest version prior to amber update.

i asked the same thing and they told that "its a internet update,it should be available
wait for 2 weeks and if not bring it to us we will do it forcefully"

But i think ill go for update today via NSU.. max to max what can happen..i dont think it will create hardware issue..
Last destination is the Nokia care..and i can tell them its a Software issue if something out of the blue happens.
Its worth taking a risk when updating firmwire videos are 2steps(available all over including videos).
My NSU also shows 0002 update available for your Phone.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i asked the same thing and they told that "its a internet update,it should be available
wait for 2 weeks and if not bring it to us we will do it forcefully"

But i think ill go for update today via NSU.. max to max what can happen..i dont think it will create hardware issue..
Last destination is the Nokia care..and i can tell them its a Software issue if something out of the blue happens.
Its worth taking a risk when updating firmwire videos are 2steps(available all over including videos).
My NSU also shows 0002 update available for your Phone.

Yep I'm also going to do the same , but unforunately my computer is not booting up so have to resolve that issue before tackling amber update. Hopefully updating the phone to 0002 will bring OTA. I can't wait for one or two weeks , Im directly going to update it.

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry pal, double tap feature is not supported on Lumia 720, Lumia 720T, Lumia 625, Lumia 620, Lumia 521, Lumia 520, or Lumia 520T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000