Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

eben wilkins

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
how do i know if i have already gotten the amber update? i got the notification and hit upgrade, but i was not around wifi. I left in pending. now i go to check downloads it is not there. how would i know if i got the upgrade?

stellarroar

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
how do i know if i have already gotten the amber update? i got the notification and hit upgrade, but i was not around wifi. I left in pending. now i go to check downloads it is not there. how would i know if i got the upgrade?

Open the extras+info module of the settings app. It should say in big letters "Lumia amber" if you successfully updated.

Last edited:

Sohan Mahajan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
installed amber last ni8.... useless for other storage...mine other is stuck at 3GB for installing it I had to delete all my games it needed 538+368 MB space for installation... have to hard reset my Lumia now..... :crying:

Rakesh Sanathan

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Airtel-Hyderabad using Lumia 620. Still no notification about the update. Keeps saying 'Your Phone is up to date'
Took it to Nokia Care.. They refused claiming that they have not got approval to install Amber.

RastiscaR Wazakaka

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The glance screen is pretty cool, it actually says in the options that it's clock AND notifications, so I imagine that at some point we'll get notifications on the glance screen too :)

About notifications: I tried calling my self without answering, and once i hang up, and pass the hand over the device to make glance screen active, there is no notification, only the clock.
while charing there is a charging icon, and if you activate the vibrator, there are kind of waves.
also there is no whatsapp notification on the glance screen.
i miss the swissknife like of the Nokia N8, snif snif

RastiscaR Wazakaka

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yep, after this update, the feature is back

I have 8 accounts in total, connected and synced to my phone. Well, 5 of them is email accounts (including my Microsoft account), a Facebook account, a Twitter account, and a Nokia account. How about you?
I just wanted to compare.
i have fewer accounts. gmail:contact calendar, mail, fcbk, skydrive: contacs,calendar, nokia account ( to keep previouses GPS favorites places for exemple, )
that's all
you have much more than me ;)

But the super sensitive feature has been always there for mne since i purchased this 620 the 15 august, without the Amber.
the feature was there and it's was possible to disable it

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If the amber update depends upon carrier, will i get the update if i take out the sim card and check for updates? Will it still be able to recognise my carrier? (Running Lumia 620 on airtel,unlocked.....Delhi)

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If the amber update depends upon carrier, will i get the update if i take out the sim card and check for updates? Will it still be able to recognise my carrier? (Running Lumia 620 on airtel,unlocked.....Delhi)

it might depend on the product code(config id) which is in extras+info. My product code is 146943 which i have not received the update.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Tried removing my idea sim and doing it on wifi but it shows the same up to date status. I guess it does have to do with product code(mine same as urs) but i do wonder if anyone in india has actually got the ota on 620 today, cos mine is pretty much among the first batch of 620s in India.

Bhaskar Phatak1

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys Same here is there any solution to this problem???I mean its available since 2 days now but whenever I check(with/without SIM card ) it show ur firmware is upto date.....What the heck???If it was not available in India then why did they mentioned as available in the site???

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys Same here is there any solution to this problem???I mean its available since 2 days now but whenever I check(with/without SIM card ) it show ur firmware is upto date.....What the heck???If it was not available in India then why did they mentioned as available in the site???

i too asked the same question to nokia care. They said it has been rolled out you'll get soon and you'll get as per ur config id. They should release to all phones as per the website. Don't know why nokia makes us difficult. :(

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Updates are rolled out in waves. They cant update billions of phones at the same time. Just wait. Why is everyone so impatient???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000