Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I looked into the samples folder with file manager and into the backgrounds folder by choosing a wallpaper, they just aren't anywhere to be found. I'm confused.

Like I said, they don't seem to be accessible for some reason. Maybe they're in a system folder that debt show up anywhere.

Milan Singh

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I thought that I'd add that on my 1020. I haven't tried too much. However I can't open whatsapp, here maps,ms maps. They just crash on loading. If I have to restart and lose my messages,I think I'm done with windows phone.

I too had the same problem on lumia 720 of apps not opening or crashing on start, i re-installed all of them. For whatsapp(it takes time after install to setup so be patient), mine nokia camera was also stopped working so i moved to Built-in MS app.

masshuu

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I too had the same problem on lumia 720 of apps not opening or crashing on start, i re-installed all of
them. For whatsapp(it takes time after install to setup so be patient), mine nokia camera was also stopped working so i moved to Built-in MS app.

so re-installing whatsapp you didn't lose your messages?

i can't re-install MS maps as it wont uninstall.

MatPainter

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 925 is stuck in the gears screen. The progress bar is empty, gears are spinning, then the phone reboots and starts all over again. I've tried doing a soft reset, but it won't work. What I should do to fix that?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
To all those having battery draining issues.. Just give it a couple of charge and deplete cycles to settle. Huge battery drain after applying an update is totally normal.

Kaike88

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

After downloading and installing Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 on my lumia 520. My apps won't open except for the natives.
reinstalling won't work. not on sdcard or phone. I tried installing a new keyboard language, didn't help. I tried a soft reset didn't help. After a reset I somethimes get a message that there is something wrong with my sdcard. I say yes to the scan but it doesn't help. Anybody have an idea what can Help? I'd rather not do a hard reset because can't make a backup since i can't connect to onedrive (won't open). I can't see which update i got because extras and info won't open either.

greetings

GuilhermeManso

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Store Live tile seams to be region restricted. I changed my region to Us and get the live tile. Changed back to Brazil and it stopped to work again.

The funny thing is the Windows 8.1 store tile always worked great here... :S

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Store Live tile seams to be region restricted. I changed my region to Us and get the live tile. Changed back to Brazil and it stopped to work again.

The funny thing is the Windows 8.1 store tile always worked great here... :S

Set location to USA ->Reboot, enable live tile, set back to original location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz