Official WP8.1 Update 1 (GDR1) = Lumia Denim

Eabin Sai

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
plz bring a option to extract contenets from zip files, zip files cant be extracted on wp8.1 it still lags behind so in lumia denim pls try to bring it

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The US settings you can apply to activate the Cortana alpha in Canada only work with Update 1. My L920 can't download Update 1 even though it's been out for months (longer story above) and my L1020 isn't enrolled in the DP which is the only way to get Update 1 as of yet, out of fear that the 920 scenario could happen again some day.

No I mean you can change to US region to get the US Cortana beta. I did this before i got the update 1 DP

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh I can't wait for it. To fix the internet explorer problem I have. Its causing my phone to freeze and restart.

To all confused by the difference in naming updates just think
Denim = Hardware/Firmware ie camera, screen, processor etc
Windows Phone 8.1.1 = Software ie apps and all the things you can move around your phone.

Sent using the Nokia Lumia 520 via the Windows Phone Central app

memmerp

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Q4 is actually July 01 - September 30. The first quarter always starts October of the previous year and the same is in government too.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Q4 is actually July 01 - September 30. The first quarter always starts October of the previous year and the same is in government too.

Which country is this followed in? Just curious.
Q4 generally is 1Oct to 31Dec and q4 in financially terms generally is 1Apr 30 Jun

Sandro Melia

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok I've read the whole thread and I still can't get the clear answer.

Will I get Denim(radio firmware camera whatever) update if I'm already running the Cyan GDR1 ? Yes or No pls

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Official WP8.1 Update 1 (GDR1) to be called as Lumia Denim.

Forget Debian Red, the next version of Windows Phone 8 may be called Lumia Denim.
The update follows Lumia Amber, Lumia Black and Lumia Cyan, and according to their sources Windows Phone 8.1 GDR 1 will be knows as Lumia Denim.
The update is said to be ready to announce at IFA today to be held in Berlin.
Nokia Lumia 930/1520/Lumia Icon and also the Lumia 830 will recieve the update Soon.
Other devices have to wait till Q4

Source : WPDang
>> Lumia Amber
>> Lumia Black
>> Lumia Cyan
>> Lumia Denim

Please when making any type of statements please clarify clearly for anyone who may read this post that this update you're referring to as LUMIA DENIM is for NOKIA/MICROSOFT LUMIA PHONES ONLY!! All other devices by HTC,SAMSUNG,BLU,HAWHEI,ETC will simply be WP8.1.1 or Update 1 in the revision #. So don't confuse other device holders bar Lumia devices that they will get an update called Denim as that's only for LUMIA devices.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I still need Cyan. Really don't want to wipe my phone to get it. Stupid AT&T.
If you are running wp8.1 and have backup settup almost nothing will be lost. The start tile setup will be the same. All apps that backup to OneDrive will come back as they were. The only thing I lost were notes I took in am incredibly simple note app with no backup fun too (my fault).

Sandro Melia

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Were you just really impatient or did your carrier actually never release it?

Well I waited till October 25th and not sure about carrier cuz it's an unlocked phone from Carrier:Australia and I'm in Europe now. It's not a carrier actually itsa region inidcator thus it get's OTAs directly from Nokia/MS not the carrier.

trekgraham

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
If you're on T-Mobile, like I am, we'll be lucky to see Cyan by 2016 let alone a denim update. Nothing has really changed with T-Mobile since they became the "uncarrier" same lousy tech support as always. At least they are being honest now because a real carrier would have pushed the updates.

Well they are rolling out cyan right now.....

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I waited till October 25th and not sure about carrier cuz it's an unlocked phone from Carrier:Australia and I'm in Europe now. It's not a carrier actually itsa region inidcator thus it get's OTAs directly from Nokia/MS not the carrier.

Unlocked phones always get the updates early so I don't understand what's up with your phone...

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I already have the Lumia Denim. I did a factory reset just a while ago then when I checked the extra+info it was Lumia Denim already (from Cyan).
23t1jk5.jpg

10752025_983377868344995_474413382_n.jpg
I think you can only get this update if you are in the Preview for Developrs program, as I am. For those who are not part of the program, just wait a bit more.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan