Only for those that call WP home: Pimp out Cortana? Let us discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Seriously?! You should read what people here say about Google! I'd say people here to have a *better* understanding of privacy issues than average, and therefore are more concerned about the use of their personal information.

What's the thing with personal information? Are you one of those who are afraid of spying?
MS openly stated that they collect the user data and, apparently, nobody cares. Well, almost nobody..

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
What's the thing with personal information? Are you one of those who are afraid of spying?
MS openly stated that they collect the user data and, apparently, nobody cares. Well, almost nobody..

There is a major difference in what happens with Microsoft and Google...Microsoft uses data,for sure..but they aren't selling anything of it to anyone else.
The privacy policies of Microsoft far exceeds those of Google and this is not even debatable.

Just because you aren't concerned don't think for a second many aren't,nor more won't become when they find out just what little privacy they have on Android.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
But what did Microsoft gain from 'winning' the browser war? IE was and is free to all Windows users. Once other decent browsers were available, we didn't see a rush of people to alternative platforms. In reality, at best it was a reason not to leave Windows (*) for a couple of years - but there were plenty of other reasons. Perhaps in the long run, Microsoft lost the browser wars by getting stuck with developing and maintaining a browser that offers nothing they and their users can't get free elsewhere.

(*) and the non-Windows platforms that Microsoft ported IE to.

The didn't gain by driving Netscape out, those of us who had invested in it lost.

IE to me is really no better than it was then. It has always had to play catch up to other browsers and has always been cluttered and clunky to use..

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a major difference in what happens with Microsoft and Google...Microsoft uses data,for sure..but they aren't selling anything of it to anyone else.
The privacy policies of Microsoft far exceeds those of Google and this is not even debatable.

Just because you aren't concerned don't think for a second many aren't,nor more won't become when they find out just what little privacy they have on Android.

Google doesn't sell your data, you are either fear mongering or being encredibly obtuse.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I think that Microsoft has been on the rampage this last year or so releasing Windows 8.1, the Surface Line, and now WP8.1 with Cortana and acquiring Nokia as well. I thought they were on a role even with the issues people (not me) have had with 8.1. I loved the Surface idea and thought that finally they had a match for Apples iPad. They were well on their way until they released Office for iOS and also for Android. This, was a terrible move on the Surface sales point of view. Office was suppose to be a perk for getting Windows and Surface. Someone on the fence now or that was on iOS will certainly not make the move to the MS echo system because the incentive is gone.

Now, they are doing the same thing with Cortana. iOS would never give up Siri or Google with Google now... These are incentives to join their system and buy their products. I you could get all the iOS perks on Android then Apple would be gone... Windows phone is really coming along fast and a lot of people, (and the media) are starting to pay more attention to WP 8 and even more so that Cortana has come out.

If MS wants people to start buying their phones and devices they had better make it worth while. Giving up all the benefits of having WP is not the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria