Opinions on people's opinion on the Xbox One

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The original Xbox was around for about 4 years, while the 360 had around 8 year lifecycle (or coming up by the time X1 comes out), which is EXTREMELY long seeing how much tech has evolved. I guess the lifecycle depends a bit on many things, but I doubt it would be 10 years, cos even the 360 wasn't out for that long.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The original Xbox was around for 4 years, while the 360 had around 8 year lifecycle (or coming up by the time X1 comes out), which is EXTREMELY long seeing how much tech has evolved. I guess the lifecycle depends a bit on many things, but I doubt it would be 10 years, cos even the 360 wasn't out for that long.

The X360 is supposed to still be around a few years (i would say about 1-3), there will be a new smaller version of the box and ANOTHER Interface revision to be in line with the X1.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The X360 is supposed to still be around a few years (i would say about 1-3), there will be a new smaller version of the box and ANOTHER Interface revision to be in line with the X1.

Yeah, not claiming otherwise, I just meant it from "launch to launch"-kinda thing.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: My opinion on people's opinion on the Xbox One

Microsoft has thrown out the usual "Hey, we have Call of Duty maps exclusive for a month!" and alienating indie developers. I'm as big a Halo fan as they come, but if Microsoft takes this route and doesn't right their proverbial ship, I'm going to move along.

I think that is so weird. Xbox Live Arcade was one of the first mayor platforms for indies to publish their games on. Why would Microsoft want to alienate the scene that became big partly because of them?

On the other hand: I'm an indie developer (although I don't like the name, I'm just someone who likes to make games) and I've received an UNBELIEVEABLE amount of help from Microsoft. Every tuesday, I'm allowed to work at the MS headquarters here in the Netherlands, they provide us with testing devices and arrange tickets to conferences and meetings, all free of charge. So I can honestly say that Microsoft has been pretty nice to me. Although I guess there's a very large difference between me and Notch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124