Outlook: Pin different mail accounts and folders

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded a Lumia 640 to Windows 10 - and trying to customize the Start screen. Specifically, trying to pin multiple folders (one in an existing @outlook.com account) as well as a corporate email account (Exchange).

I use the pin to start feature in Outlook app - and the tile shows up initially, but then disappears and only the original @outlook.com account remains on Start.

Anyone have a solution for this?

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Same happened to me.

Just long press on the mail account within Outlook (from the hamburger menu) and choose to unlink. You'll can then have seperate tiles for each mail accout on the start screen.

RickyM2016

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Similar issue, I think. Just added a new e-mail account, it's a MSFT Exchange type (vs. IMAP). Not tech-savvy here at all. Tried to 'pin to start' the account but that link was grayed out, wouldn't allow it. Have turned off and on several times, etc. but nothing has helped. Is there a reason it can't be pinned? Any solution?

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, that was in win 8.1. In win 10 open mail program, manage account on (...) menu see if your account is there and on linked inboxes. If it does select the combined inbox and deselect the account. Then you can pin it, I think.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Same has happened to me yesterday.

Upgraded my 950XL from Threshold2 to Anniversary Update (Release Preview). After one day my outlook.com (my MSA) got weird things: not showing synced email of few days ago (yet in the range to download), some folders were duplicated.
Removed it altogether.
Re-Added.
It came at end of the list of my accounts (it was the former before).
From now on, when pinning this single account to Start screen lasts just some minutes (some hours at max), then disappears.

I don't want to link it to other accouts (they are seldom synced) but I wanted a way to open directly to it. The fact that it is at the bottom of the accounts AND its Start Tile disappers is not very helpful on that matter. For the moment I had to remove every other email accounts and access them from the web. Pity. I wish there were an alternative UWA app for email (exchange/IMAP) to put them there.

I opened a feedback bug report to report the inhability to have long lasting account pinned tile and unable to sort the order of accounts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte