overheating wtf?

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
This phone has been overheating today. Its hot to the touch, and when I opened the back cover, the battery was hottt and bottom part where the sim is. I don't know why it started overheating and shutting down on me. I feel like it has to do with either overcharging it or maybe because I splashed some water accidentally earlier, lol. Its being cooled sitting by my window right now, thanks to the cold weather. I'm gonna cool it off, but I'm sure its gonna get hot again once I turn it on.

What gives? this isn't even a high end phone.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Could it be bad battery? How can battery be bad? It was fine for the first 2-3 weeks, now it heats up like crazy.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
ill look into that. this phone is a beast. light and flawless for a low-range but technically I consider it as midrange. lol I have low standards.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes it might have been my emails being unsynced. I did all of that and it hasn't overheated since. I'll keep on a look out tho.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I did a reset on the phone because it wasn't the email syncing, but its when the phone is actually running stuff in the background that includes, WiFi, syncing, downloading, or notification type apps. It's still running hot. If assuming most of you guys who have this phone do not run hot, then my phone is pretty much a lemon. I have one week before my return expires, so I will probably go exchange it tomorrow, OR switch to Lumia 530. I just need something to hold me off until the next flagship this spring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963