People Hub + Twitter Sync Issues

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

So I've had my HTC One for about a month now. Love it. I have a few groups of Twitter contacts pinned to my start screen. I recently noticed that the tile would never flip to show me recent updates. I'd go into the group and none of the contact's tiles would flip. I'd swipe to "What's New" within the group and it would display tweets from a few days ago. Only when I would go to a specific contact, it would show me the correct update. (most recent tweet). The People Hub worked as well. Showing my Twitter feed. Also, none of the pinned contacts on my Surface RT were updating/"flipping".

So I figured it was a sync issue. I went to Twitter, revoked permissions for Microsoft products under "Apps". Went to my phone and deleted Twitter as an account. Went to my Live account online to make sure Twitter was gone from my synced accounts. It was. I reset my phone, and added Twitter back. Went to the Twitter website and the Microsoft permissions were back. Sweet!

However now, the People Hub will not pull my Twitter feed. I can see all my Twitter contacts in my phone. But none of their updates show up. I can post to Twitter from my me tile. Just no updates. Also on my Surface it now keeps telling me to "Reconnect" Twitter as an account. Even when I do...no luck.

Any suggestions?? Thanks Everybody. And Happy New Year!

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue on my 635, and based on your post it looks like I'm going to have it on my M8 as well (which I'm setting up as I type!). There is a thread here that one user was able to resolve their issue by doing the steps outlined, but unfortunately it did not resolve it for me. I hope this is of some help to you: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ne-help-some-people-hub-twitter-problems.html

Let us know if it works!

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried that prior to posting. Dangit! Thanks anyway.. Hopefully I figure something out soon. Do you have a Surface? Same issues there?

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Update:
Ok. The larger issue seems to be fixed now. I unlinked Twitter from my phone for a few hours. Came home and linked Twitter back to my Surface. And my Twitter feed started working. As well as live tiles of my Twitter contacts on my Surface. I then went to my phone and added Twitter back as an account. My Twitter feed is back. Still no luck on the contact tiles updating though. Hmm. Whether the tiles are in a group pinned to my screen or individually pinned, they wont update/flip.

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Update #2:
All fixed. Tiles flipping and updating properly. Maybe it was an issue with API? Who knows.. Ever since wp7 I've had on and off issues with Twitter Syncing.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I just re-bumped my thread on this. I have been having this issue for months. What did you do to fix yours? My contacts pinned to my home screen will rarely update and no longer update in the 30 min interval like they use to. On top of that, when a contact does flip, the new content that was shown disappears and the tile no longer spins. It is as if it knows the new content isn't "new" anymore, so it just stops flipping.

WP7WasMyIdea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well the only thing I hadn't tried was deleting the Twitter account on my windows phone. And since I have Surface, deleting it from my live account altogether. Then waiting a day or so. I reconnected the Twitter account on my Surface. Then a few hours later added the Twitter account to my phone. The pinned contacts didn't flip right away, but after a day or so they started to. Still having the issue of if I check the contact, then go back to the home screen it wont flip anymore for a while. Its been doing that since the 8.1 preview on my old 8X.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Having this issue where the twitter on people periodically wont sync and I have done all the revoke access non sense. It happens almost everyday where for a few hours it just doesn't sync. Then it will randomly work. Been going on for months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes