Periodic episode of constant reboots and significant battery drain

ScottM2753

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Did you actually try to restart the phone and see what happens? I still have it... was going to return it tomorrow morning. I so want to keep it but I can't deal with the restarts

Yep, restarts just fine now.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I've finally figured it out!!!!!

I was about to drive back to the Microsoft store and just start using the lumia 950 I bough (which I am now selling along with a brand new sealed dock)...

1. Use WDRT
2. LEAVE SIM AND SD CARD OUT.
3. Install everything using your MSFT account and set up the phone the way you want. Do all the updates.
4. Once completely happy with the way its set up, insert sim and sd card.

I haven't had a singe reboot, or a singe sd disconnect. I purposely restarted the phone over and over (which would have resulted in constant reboots earlier) and not a single boot loop!! I am keeping this bad boy now.

This is my fix and I am certain now, that with the sd card in the phone during the initial setup and updates, some chunks of programs or system files were somehow being written to the sd card resulting in a corrupted file system, possibly something to do with indexing.

Hope this works for other experiencing this issue!

ScottM2753

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Sounds very reasonable. Since my phone is now working fine I'll keep this trick in mind for my next reset if needed anytime soon. Now that this phone is operating great I'm simply LOVING it! It's definitely a beast of a phone, no doubt! I won't even look at a new phone until perhaps that fabled Surface Phone comes out lol! 👍

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I've finally figured it out!!!!!

I was about to drive back to the Microsoft store and just start using the lumia 950 I bough (which I am now selling along with a brand new sealed dock)...

1. Use WDRT
2. LEAVE SIM AND SD CARD OUT.
3. Install everything using your MSFT account and set up the phone the way you want. Do all the updates.
4. Once completely happy with the way its set up, insert sim and sd card.

I haven't had a singe reboot, or a singe sd disconnect. I purposely restarted the phone over and over (which would have resulted in constant reboots earlier) and not a single boot loop!! I am keeping this bad boy now.

This is my fix and I am certain now, that with the sd card in the phone during the initial setup and updates, some chunks of programs or system files were somehow being written to the sd card resulting in a corrupted file system, possibly something to do with indexing.

Hope this works for other experiencing this issue!
Maybe certain apps defaulted to installing on the SD card from the start and every time you reset. I've had this cause issues for me in the past where one os version lets a certain app install to sd card and causes issues. Did you ever check to see if new app installs were defaulting to the sd card? I habitually switch this every time.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Some were yes. But I believe some system files were inadvertently being installed on the sd card and causing issues. Anyway it seems (fingers crossed) after three days of zero issues the problem has been fixed.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am using the incipio case. Had the wallet one on the first one without any issues... returned for a screen color issue.

I bet you have a bad sd card. Shut the phone down and install your apps back to your internal storage and see if you get the same issue. I had this problem with my x3 when I first got it - set my apps to internal storage and bought a new sd card for pics, videos, and downloads - and haven't had a single issue since.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had my 200gb Sandisk card in for a few days now and so far so good. I don't have apps installing to the card, and just today I set music, downloads, and movies/tv shows to store on the card. I'm leaving apps, maps, and photos/videos on the device though.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I hadn't put an SD card in my X3. Never had good luck, dating back to my Galaxy S2 and Note2.

This morning, I found my son's SD card from his S7. Since my second SIM is on my Iphone 6, I put it in the X3.

When I just now looked to see what was on it, the system says I'm on drive D:\

I had to laugh, thinking the '80s wanted their drive letter back.

OzQzZfX.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124