Phone backup fails.....

Manu Guledgudd

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It's almost 5 months, there is no success in taking backup of the phone. It takes around 2 hours and after reaching 98%, fails with server connection error. I wanted to ensure that backup is taken before I try windows 10 which is expected in Feb. Kindly help.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
And also connect your phone to the charger because i read that in windows phone page that our phone waits for wifi and power charge before backup.hope it helps

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Have been trying to take a backup since months and failing at every step. Tried everything mentioned in the forums, nothing seems to help. Lock screen, background wallpaper, Old backup deletion, region change, everything. Using 8.1 Cyan on a 720

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
1 Delete all backups in 0nedrive.
2 Start a back up.
3 If it fails go to OneDrive and check.
4 You will see that there is a backup.
6 Hard reset.
7 Restore (you will see it restores without a problem)
8 After restore do a backup it will be 100%.

Several people already did it like above and no one reported that the restore did not work.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Harrie, I am tryin with deleting backup. Let me see if it works. I want to do hard reset as last option.

I totally understand.
My point was more that if you see a new backup in OneDrive, you will have a backup which you can use if needed.
Even if you got the message "backup fails"

Manu Guledgudd

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I did by deleting backup on OneDrive. And again it failed at 98%. But interesting point is I can see nee backup file on OneDrive with today's date. Can I assume that backup has been taken and there is no issue now?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I did by deleting backup on OneDrive. And again it failed at 98%. But interesting point is I can see nee backup file on OneDrive with today's date. Can I assume that backup has been taken and there is no issue now?

Yes, already many people reported that they could do a restore without any problem in a similar situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria