Phone Calendar won't sync with calendar.live.com, past events available only online

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I tried to restore from a backup but it keeps getting stuck at 25%, so after a few tries (over 12 hours) i gave up and just continued without the complete restore.

Now I see my phone has restored my call and message history, apps are being downloaded and installed, but my calendar won't sync with events that are older than few week.

When i log online into calendar.live.com i can see all of my events for years back, but my phone doesn't want to sync them.
This is a huge problem, the only reason i am using the calendar is to be able to see what events happened at what time, date, etc.. and now i cannot sync them ! (angry)

I have read somewhere online that it is being limited to 2 weeks back only, but i cannot believe that, it just doesn't seem right. Why would anyone limit to 2 weeks only.

Help! Is there a way to sync my phone's calendar with the online calendar and show all of the past events (years back) ?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Why would anyone limit to 2 weeks only.
​To be fair, I've never come across a use-case where someone wants to view any previous calendar entries. Let alone months back.
​Depending on what phone, calendar provider, operating system etc you have, you generally can set the Calendar app to sync all previous appointments (I've always wondered why such a pointless (to me) feature existed. Now I know - someone out there uses it).

nununu

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I started this thread as a guest. I just wanted to add that i am using a Lumia 920 phone, with windows 8.1, software Lumia Cyan.
The calendar that i use is the regular one that is installed on the phone.

My job and lifestyle requires that I know exactly when particular events have happened and I use this feature daily. It is the only way for me to stay organized.

So Where is this feature located, that allows me to sync all previous events? I cannot find it under Settings in phone calendar. Is it online in calendar.live.com ?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Interesting. I can't find the setting on my phone with the OS version it's currently on.
I've not tried it, but it may be worth changing the "Download email from" setting, which (on my handset) is at Settings>email+accounts>Microsoft account.
For a Microsoft account (or one that connects to a Microsoft Exchange Server) the Calendar entries are kind of like email messages in the same database. Setting the mail to setting to download the full history may well affect the Calendar too.
Let me know, I'm interested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss