Phone updated to 10.0.10586.164 last night

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mr. Hyde, and Azensun........

I'm happy that you guys were able to get OS .164. I guess when I did the hard rest this weekend, it enbled me to get .164 without issues.

Sorry that you guys wnt through the windows device recovery tool scenario, even though that route does hard reset the phone, it adds another step, which of course adds time to the process being completed.

I wish Microsoft would make this whole process easier across the board. It should not have to be this hard.

But none the less, I absolutely love my dual sim 950 XL! it is without a doubt the best phone experience I have ever enjoyed!.......(of course there are caveats with regards to such things as os, and firmware updates..............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
My Moly X1 received .164 the day it released. X1 is not able to be on insider program. WM10 is quickly becoming a very good OS!

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm still not getting .164 on my 950XL phone... I don't use and never used inside stuff

I had to use the recovery tool on my 950xl before I could see the update. The recovery Tool will erase all your stuff and its a huge pain in the butt but when I was done, my phone downloaded .164 without me having to be in the insider program

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious if you have to go through this AGAIN with the next update..

I guess I really wont know for sure until the next update is released but I would think that whatever was keeping my phone from seeing the update in the first place is now gone since the WDRT rolled me back to .29 and then my phone did see the .164 update and installed it without an issue

hrvat99

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 535 and i got the update BUT i'm unable to update, it says it will automatically update while charging or i can update it right now, but when i do it took me back to settings screen lol

Shaunak Purohit

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
No additions, fixes below things...

OS updates:

10.0.10586.164 OS update (March 2016) for Lumia Phones with Windows 10. Key improvements in this release include:

Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, ?Close all tabs? not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
No additions, fixes below things...

OS updates:

10.0.10586.164 OS update (March 2016) for Lumia Phones with Windows 10. Key improvements in this release include:

Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.

Since the latest update I have not been able to get updates from the app store. Dread doing a full reset on my 950 XL again think this is the end of the line for me on fast ring.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Since the latest update I have not been able to get updates from the app store. Dread doing a full reset on my 950 XL again think this is the end of the line for me on fast ring.

If you guys have been on the insider program and touched the fast ring after February 10th, you are on Redstone and are hosed. You will have to WDRT back. I am in that boat as well, and I can't even get the latest Redstone to download...hangs at 0%. Thanks MSFT, that was reported like 5 months ago in threshold!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786