Picture quality/file size

lumia11

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The 521 gives me a file size of about 100kb-300kb or so on a photo. Maybe I'm just over thinking it but isn't that a small size for a 5mp photo? What size is the average picture you take on your 521?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
What are you using for Size that will make the difference or it could be that you are only half pressing the camera button. And with certain camera app that it only take half sized pictures.

For default camera settings it is 5mp and usually about 1.5mb in size. Proshot the size are the same when set at 5mp.

I have my camera setup so that I can touch the screen to take my shot's.

lumia11

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I usually use Nokia Smart Cam or the default camera app. What do you mean what am I using for size? Is there an option to choose size, I was looking for it but maybe I'm missing it. I tried taking a picture again with just tapping the screen. It seems like maybe I was half pressing the button although not trying to. Thanks for your help.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It is Nokia Smart Cam - Only take half size pictures see this thread..You also cannot change the aspect ratio.

I have a lot of camera apps installed. So I tell you options for each one..

Default Camera you can change the Aspect Ratio from 16:3 to 4:3. Launch Camera hit the ... ->photo settings->aspect ratio

Nokia Camera Beta which has smart camera features built in you can change the aspect ratio has well plus get a more advanced camera.

Proshot which is great camera app give a lot of option's for Aspect Ratio has well has actual size 1mp,3mp,4mp,5mp selection. Well worth it the purchase

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
What are you using for Size that will make the difference or it could be that you are only half pressing the camera button. And with certain camera app that it only take half sized pictures.

For default camera settings it is 5mp and usually about 1.5mb in size. Proshot the size are the same when set at 5mp.

I have my camera setup so that I can touch the screen to take my shot's.

I have a 521 how do I set it up so that I touch the screen and take shots? Also sometimes ill take pics with the default app and they come out a bit blurry any idea why?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a 521 how do I set it up so that I touch the screen and take shots? Also sometimes ill take pics with the default app and they come out a bit blurry any idea why?

Busy day at work and after work has well..

In case you have not found it yet. Settings->Applications->Photos+Camera->Select option Tap Screen to take Pictures and Video

Blurry pics - Check your settings a high ISO can sometimes cause blurry pics, but usually steady hand is needed if tap screen to take pic's, or hold phone very tight and use camera button. What I usually do is take pics in burst or multishot's. Then pick the best out of them.

BrandonCormier

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Busy day at work and after work has well..

In case you have not found it yet. Settings->Applications->Photos+Camera->Select option Tap Screen to take Pictures and Video

Blurry pics - Check your settings a high ISO can sometimes cause blurry pics, but usually steady hand is needed if tap screen to take pic's, or hold phone very tight and use camera button. What I usually do is take pics in burst or multishot's. Then pick the best out of them.

Actually a high ISO will not cause blurry pics, it will cause the opposite. The higher the ISO the more sensitive your camera sensor will be, which means it will pick up more light. Since it picks up more light it will increases the shutter speed to compensate, resulting in faster photo captures which in turn results in non blurry photos. The only downside is that a higher ISO will result in more grain/noise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss