Pin file folder to Nokia 928

shad420w

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I have a folder of PDF files that I want instant access to on my NOKIA 928.

I connected the windows phone to my laptop and dropped the folder of PDFs into the documents folder on my phone. Is there anyway pin this folder onto my windows phone 8 desktop so that I can instantly access this group of PDF files? I mean.. I like that you can access your skydrive from phone desktop (which I copied the files to)... but I want to have offline access to fhese files

Thanks!

Need4Geek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
If you want to have offline access to your PDF files you have to copy them to your phone memory using the Windows Phone app (for desktop, Windows 8 and Mac). You can't pin folders to your Windows Phone start screen, but you can pin single files. Anyway, you should access your PDF files through PDF Reader hub, Adobe Reader or any PDF reader available in the Windows Phone Store.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have copied it to my windows phone... I just cant access it to open it up

What you do is copy the file(s) into the Documents folder then you use Office hub under Places -> phone you'll see your PDF files there. You must have a PDF reader installed prior to doing this otherwise you won't see anything. Once the document has been opened by the PDF reader you'll be able to open the file from there instead of the Office hub.

This also works for Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.

It's a bit roundabout but that's the way it is. There is no access to actual folders on the phone.

If you have half decent data or access to WiFi you can use Skydrive instead and once it's downloaded to your phone you can open it via the PDF reader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb