Podcasts in my Music Collection

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Under W10M, build 10512, when you run the native Podcasts app, a folder "Podcasts" is created in your Music folder, and it stores your downloaded podcasts there. The problem is that when you run Groove Music player, it picks up all these podcasts in your music collection.

I tried moving some podcasts folders out of the Music-Podcast folder, but then the Podcast app no longer finds them. Also, there is no way to control where the Podcast looks for the downloads, it defaults to that Music-Podcast folder.

Previously, under W8.1, podcasts were managed separately from your music collection.

Why did MS now move them into my music collection? I don't want to access podcasts in the Groove app!

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Translation for ryantaylord:

Podcast apps stores the dowlaoded podcast files in a folder named Podcasts, inside the Music folder.

When you run Groove music player app, it searches for files in your Music folder and shows them in your collection.

It is showing my podcasts in my music collection.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Translation for ryantaylord:

Podcast apps stores the dowlaoded podcast files in a folder named Podcasts, inside the Music folder.

When you run Groove music player app, it searches for files in your Music folder and shows them in your collection.

It is showing my podcasts in my music collection.
The music and video app have been playing their version of amateur hour since Zune. This is just one common example of what low level, garbage music apps that are created by hacks does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99