[Poll]Black Lumia 920s -- Heat & Battery Life Definite Issue

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Day 4 with my Black Nokia Lumia 920. I wanted to test the battery while I slept to see how much I would loose. I fully charged the phone and unplugged it right before I went to sleep.
wp_ss_20121118_0001.png

Lost only 5%. Compaired to my last phone, HTC Rezound, this is leaps forward. I usually lost about 30% and it only lasted about 4 hours of constant use. Glad I switched because this phone lasts me at least 8 hours on heavy/moderate use. On normal use, I get a day easy.

potahov

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's something random, not nokia drive or something bug. My red was doing just great with almost 2 days on single charge without any tweaking or disabling anything but today I charged it at the evening at 8pm and found it completely discharged and turned off at 7am at the morning, didnt install or change anything on the phone

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Black Lumia 920 in-store on Nov-9th and have been using it since then. For the first couple of days the battery did drain a lot. Then I just turned off the Nokia Drive and what i do regularly is to turn off the wi-fi because most of the time I am at work where I dont need wifi. I have been getting around 26 hrs with one full charge and I have Bloomberg, Groupon, CNN and weather channel.

dubai911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have Yellow nl920 and since day1 i got battery & heat issues.. already drained the battery 3 times then fully charge it without any noticeable improvement. Today evening i charged it to 100% and now after 4hrs the battery level is at 40% (no Nokia Drive - no games - occasional web browsing - couple phone calls & SMS's). When used, I notice that heat is always emitted around the center of the phone (where camera & flash is located)

I still hope that it's a software or manageable issue as I dont want to return it

tommyd65

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a Cyan 920 on Dec 7 from the Microsoft Store, and immediately after leaving the store the top half of the phone got really hot. I kept it for the weekend, turning off NFC, limiting the email checks to every 2 hrs, and disabling background tasks. I still had issues with hotness and battery life (wouldn't last more than a day with approx 10 minutes of usage). I exchanged it for another one on Dec 10, and I'm still having problems with hotness and battery life.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for this problem? The folks at the MS Store don't really seem to know what the problem is. I really like this phone, but I'm thinking of just returning it and going back to my old phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett