Poor battery backup after amber

sharek77

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing poor battery backup after installing amber? My phones average discharge rate before amber was 3% per hour, battery easily lasted a whole day. But now battery discharges at 6 to 8% per hour even with battery saver always on.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Check to see you weren't given the 4G update as well. I was. Even if you aren't getting 4G you need to switch out of 4G mode or it'll keep looking for 4G. That'll drain power.

sharek77

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had 4g option before.. I have 2g selected as highest data speed in mobile network settings... I don't think that's the problem.

sharek77

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
This is just ridiculous! I mean battery backup should at least stay the same if not get better after an update. What's the need of an update, if it makes things worse than before

Goh Diye

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing poor battery backup after installing amber? My phones average discharge rate before amber was 3% per hour, battery easily lasted a whole day. But now battery discharges at 6 to 8% per hour even with battery saver always on.

Hi sharek77, i have experience the same condition as you. But after uninstalling my battery indicator app the condition change greatly from standby 3%/hr to like 1% or less per hour.
Do you have battery apps installed (mine is Battery by enless soft)? Maybe u can try uninstalling it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Now how do u measure discharge speed after uninstalling the app? o_O
@Goh
You can average it by looking at the battery status in settings.

No suggestions. If you want to try a factory reset and let us kno how that works.
Only other thing is to wait for gdr3

raghuttam mahishi

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
i have a 720 and the battery on it drains in around 15-17 hours after the amber update, whereas it used provide around 25 hrs or more daily on average use..no 3g ..I'm doing a hard reset and see if this works

arian29

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem.. very bad battery life.. and also charging through usb (via laptop or desktop usb port) takes too long now. Earlier the phone was charged in and hour or so but now its taking more than 3 hours.

Jeric820PH

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
My 820 only last less than a day. I charge at least 2 times a day. Minimal use and mostly on standby but with internet sharing on..mine is at 11% per hr consumption rate. 3 weeks old phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo