post pictures of your surface pro3 i cant decide on type cover color

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I want the dark blue cover, any idea if it solely exclusive to best buy or they just have an exclusivity period after which it is available globally?
Still got a long to go in terms of funds, saving up ?10 a week lol.. going for the top end model. Need something to last me several years :cool:

Only supposed to be exclusive through the end of September... then available from MS.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Only supposed to be exclusive through the end of September... then available from MS.

I see, thanks. Looks like the timing may work for me :D.

The UK Microsoft Online Store has blue, so not exclusive in the UK.

MS site is the only seller of Red in the UK though.

Err, when did I say exclusive to UK? Lol
I said Bestbuy, which was a chain in the UK but no more. They are based in the US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and China I think.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got red... and seriously wish I'd have gone with Black instead.

Red would've looked really good if the SP3 kept the black color of the Surface Pro 2 instead of adopting the silver/gray of the Surface 2... but the red+silver/gray thing doesn't look all that appealing to me. I got it in my mind that I'd go back to the Microsoft Store to return it and get a black one... only come to find that they'd only charged me for the SP3 and not the type cover. Figured I'd be something of a ******* to go gripe about a type cover they didn't make me pay for :\

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I didn't bother paying the extra money for a keyboard, they tout it as a laptop replacement then only give you half a laptop???? its like selling bags of water on a hot day labelled "ice"

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
If you are a professional, there is simply no substitute for classic black. Your work PC is NOT the place for making a style statement. Less is more. And believe me, your boss DOES notice the light blue or red type cover on your Surface Pro 3. Just go black.

If you are a student or non-professional, go nuts and pick whatever color you like. :)

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Your grey office must be a barrel of laughs. :D

Our exec team (I work for an oil company), are in the process of receiving SP3's with cyan covers.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
If you are a professional, there is simply no substitute for classic black. Your work PC is NOT the place for making a style statement. Less is more. And believe me, your boss DOES notice the light blue or red type cover on your Surface Pro 3. Just go black.

Yeah your boss DOES notice your red type cover, and he be 'mirin that colour scheme (unless hes a bore) - Adam

P.S i hope your not the boss your speaking of.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well then I guess they all want to look like college kids. Good for them. Maybe they can put smiley faces on the back of the tablet?
Yeah, I guess they can congratulate themselves on their $500m profit with some smiley faces? makes sense I guess.

With your business acumen & analysis I'm sure you'll do well when you grow up.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

If you are a student or non-professional, go nuts and pick whatever color you like. :)

If I work at a company or with a boss that judges me by the color of my SP3 cover and not the incredible work I do, I don't want to work there or for him/her.

I'm an executive at a $2 billion a year company and rock the red cover without apology. It is noticed and asked about... in a good way... from both co-workers and customers.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Well then I guess they all want to look like college kids. Good for them. Maybe they can put smiley faces on the back of the tablet?

Jeez. I am freaking glad I don't work either FOR you or WITH you. Grow up yourself. Judging people by the color of a keyboard or what they put on their laptop covers is a joke.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf