Power button doesn't wake up phone

Professor59

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Nokia 635 for over a year. I'm used to it's several quirks regarding audio output, crashing browsers, etc.

But just recently, when the screen times out, I am no longer able to touch the power button to wake it up. I have tried other ways to get back into the phone: Pulling the battery, rebooting, and inserting (or removing) the charging cord. Those all work, but that's a really inconvenient way to check the time.

Is this something I should expect to continue indefinitely? Was there a bad update? (I'm on the same 8.1 release since I bought the phone - Denim is still not available for me.)

I considered the white noise app the culprit when it first happened, but nah, I murdered that app for nothing.

Any thoughts at all?

Professor59

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
The workaround I'm using is to set the screen to never timeout. Of course, this drains the battery and makes me accidentally open apps.
New issue: When I take the phone OFF the charger, the charge indicator still flashes as if charging. Jeebus, I think this phone is going to start coughing up blood soon.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
The workaround I'm using is to set the screen to never timeout. Of course, this drains the battery and makes me accidentally open apps.
New issue: When I take the phone OFF the charger, the charge indicator still flashes as if charging. Jeebus, I think this phone is going to start coughing up blood soon.
Sorry to hear about your woes, Professor. It sounds like your phone's funky state is different than my 635.

Occasionally, while I'm out listening to podcasts on my phone, when I go to check my phone, it's on the lock screen, dimmed display. Regardless what I do, I cannot get the display to turn off or get the phone to fully wake up so that I can unlock the phone. Curiously enough, though, my podcast keeps playing, and I can start/stop playback with my Bluetooth headphones. The only way I can revive my phone is to push and hold the power button, until the phone reboots (30 seconds?).

This has only happened 2-3x in the four months I've had the phone, which isn't bad, compared to my previous Android phones.

blaza777

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I've had the Nokia 635 for over a year. I'm used to it's several quirks regarding audio output, crashing browsers, etc.

But just recently, when the screen times out, I am no longer able to touch the power button to wake it up. I have tried other ways to get back into the phone: Pulling the battery, rebooting, and inserting (or removing) the charging cord. Those all work, but that's a really inconvenient way to check the time.

Is this something I should expect to continue indefinitely? Was there a bad update? (I'm on the same 8.1 release since I bought the phone - Denim is still not available for me.)

I considered the white noise app the culprit when it first happened, but nah, I murdered that app for nothing.

Any thoughts at all?

I had the same problem with my lumia 635 and I have resetted it back to factory setting. After that all of the problems on my phone were solved. I hope this will help you with your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo