Power button won't lock phone

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
To whom it may concern: I spent about 15 minutes dealing with this issue. I uninstalled several apps, turned off glance screen, took out sim card (phone was not allowing me to put it on airplane mode, the switch kept toggling back, so I thought maybe it was a network or sim card issue), reset the damn thing 10 times or more. Finally what fixed this was calling someone. I called my friend, it rang, I noticed the screen wouldnt turn off when holding the phone to my face. I hung up before he could answer, and all the sudden the power button started working again. For the time being, I am able to lock and unlock the screen. Hope this helps someone...

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So my lock screen bug hasn't happened in almost 24 hours (fingers crossed), but I still can't download ANYTHING from the app store. Says "Pending..." forever. I've tried changing the date and time from automatic to manual, didn't work

kadimcelik

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded a vpn app yesterday and the same problem happened to my 1520 today. I have read most of the comments here and i decided to remove that app. then it is working now. the app is "vpn unlimited - keepsolid Inc."

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having what I think is the same weird problem. I downloaded the Upgrade Advisor app on my Lumia Icon (I think this is Microsoft's punishment for me using Verizon) and the phone button won't lock/wake the phone. I've had it work maybe three times in the past 2000 attempts but pretty consistently it doesn't. I thought it might be hardware related, but the three second power off always works as does the soft reset combo. I'm able to get the screen to come on by plugging it into a charger, but the icon never changes to a charging icon............

On top of that when making calls, the phone no loner auto-detects being held to my face. It's almost like the main notification software/lock screen stuff crapped the bed..........

Gabrio70

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this issue for more than 4 months now, I've also changed the right side buttons HW without any improvement so it really seems to be a SW issue. I moved from W8.1 to W10 and that didn't help either...any other suggestions?

Thanks

Gab

Kevin Divo

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, have people had any issues after hard reset?
My power button was misbehaving and the screen was out of control...A hard reset seemed to have fixed it. I just don't know how long before these problems come back again. I am traumatized after all the soft resets and rebootings I did. It has been 30 hours since I hard reset it. Did it reappear at all? I would like to know before it is too late for me to return the phone.

Thanks

arnie1991

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded a vpn app yesterday and the same problem happened to my 1520 today. I have read most of the comments here and i decided to remove that app. then it is working now. the app is "vpn unlimited - keepsolid Inc."

I have the Nokia Lumia 1020 and installed the app a few nights ago. Since then I've had the same problems as posted by others. I uninstalled it but still no change. Really angers me. A fix for this would be great. Microsoft really letting themselves down.

podgelad

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Late to the thread but I was having this problem with my Lumia 6something and I might have found a workaround. I added a screen lock password and the button is now responsive and all the other weird s#17 has disappeared too.

Selene Waters

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so i had the same problem, i downloaded a few apps and then my power button decided that it would restart my phone, but not lock or unlock it. I came here after going to the official website to troubleshoot it, but a soft reset didnt work. i saw that one person suggested that you turn off the automatic time/date and do a soft reset. i tried that and what happened was, when i did the soft reset, it turned automatic date/time back on. so... what i did was i turned off the automatic date/time in the settings, turned off my phone normally and turned it back on. now it locks and unlocks for me but the time is wrong xD so manually put that in. Now it works just fine. Hope this helps! ^-^ best of luck to you all~

3MrAmazing

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I shut down my phone and then took the battery out. After restarting it, my phone works fine now. I dunno if anyone else has tried this yet, but it worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05