Preordered 640 XL Arrived Today!

LouCap

May 30, 2015
Visit site
So, after what seemed like forever, my preordered 640XL FINALLY arrived from B&H Photo in NYC. After taking a few minutes to admire the sophisticated, yet simple design, I installed my SIM, SD card and battery. It powered right up, did a quick restore from my prior Win phone (Blue HD LITE), and I was in business.

The screen is really nice, and even though it's only 720, you'd swear it was higher resolution. The colors are vibrant, and the text really easy to read, due in no small part to the giant 5.7" display. And the touch screen is very responsive, which is one of the things that amazes me about Win phones. Even with only 1gb of ram, there's no lag whatsoever.

The camera is also quite impressive. Having never had a LUMIA phone before, I'd only read about their amazing hardware/software pairings. But, now that I own one, I can finally see what everyone's been raving about. I have a OnePlus phone with a 13mp camera too, but it can't hold a candle to the 640 XL's. And the LUMIA camera software is incredible. I blurred the background in a photo in seconds just playing around.

Is it the best phone I've ever owned? That remains to be seen. BUT, it's certainly shaping up to be the best for under $400, and that includes my OnePlus One.

Last edited:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So, after what seemed like forever, my preordered 640XL FINALLY arrived from B&H Photo in NYC. After taking a few minutes to admire the sophisticated, yet simple design, I installed my SIM, SD card and battery. It powered right up, did a quick restore from my prior Win phone (Blue HD LITE), and I was in business.

The screen is really nice, and even though it's only 720, you'd swear it was higher resolution. The colors are vibrant, and the text really easy to read, due in no small part to the giant 5.7" display. And the touch screen is very responsive, which is one of the things that amazes me about Win phones. Even with only 1gb of ram, there's no lag whatsoever.

The camera is also quite impressive. Having never had a LUMIA phone before, I'd only read about their amazing hardware/software pairings. But, now that I own one, I can finally see what everyone's been raving about. I have a OnePlus phone with a 13mp camera too, but it can't hold a candle to the 640 XL's. And the LUMIA camera software is incredible. I blurred the background in a photo in seconds just playing around.

Is it the best phone I've ever owned. That remains to be seen. BUT, it's certainly shaping up to be the best for under $400, and that includes my OnePlus One.

That's good to hear. Especially considering that it is a 600 series device with those specs, next-gen devices will be KILLER at the 700, 800, 900 series and beyond.

wprocks

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Great. Enjoy the phone. I have had this for last three weeks and I am happy camper. I owned a few Lumias including 1520. Compared to 1520 I feel resolution is low because I was able to see more things on the screen (like text message notifications), Also I do,miss the OIS in camera. 1GB ram is adequate by sometime phone gets slow. Having all apps on the SD card is not a great idea.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Great. Enjoy the phone. I have had this for last three weeks and I am happy camper. I owned a few Lumias including 1520. Compared to 1520 I feel resolution is low because I was able to see more things on the screen (like text message notifications), Also I do,miss the OIS in camera. 1GB ram is adequate by sometime phone gets slow. Having all apps on the SD card is not a great idea.

Why do you think it is bad to have apps on the SD card?

LouCap

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99