Printer Support

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I remember at the Build conference watching a video about printing support in Windows Mobile. In it the guy said what type of printers would be supported from the phone.

Does anyone have info on that?

Thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
See the video in the comment.
Here is Joe Belfiore saying
"...with these office apps as a part of windows 10 on phones and small tablets will also support wireless printing..."

Is this what you looking for?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried it yesterday from the Maps app and it worked like a charm. Just turned on my WiFi printer and it was found within a few seconds. There are pretty no settings you can change except the format and page size but it printed perfectly.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried it yesterday from the Maps app and it worked like a charm. Just turned on my WiFi printer and it was found within a few seconds. There are pretty no settings you can change except the format and page size but it printed perfectly.

I also have our wifi printer turned on, but still the only option is pdf. What am I missing?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sure you are using the wifi on you phone? Maybe your printer is not supported. Do you try it also from the maps app?

Yeah, I'm using the WiFi on my phone. My mother's android can print just fine to the WiFi printer.
I've tried also on the Maps app but unsuccessful :(

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
See the video in the comment.
Here is Joe Belfiore saying
"...with these office apps as a part of windows 10 on phones and small tablets will also support wireless printing..."

Is this what you looking for?

No, it wasn't JB. It was a developer showing it. An entire video just on this. Probably channel9.

Elizabeth Diane

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I found that the update needed me to reinstall my printer. I did! I can print for the most part. When I am printing off the internet I get the oh snap screen and nothing. I have had to use the snipping the tool and print from that screen. I have a fairly new HP printer that is connected to the computer through a USB wire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786