Problem finding videos downloaded through youtube downloader app

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 520 user here n i just did the cyan update 2days ago, but i am frustrated that i can't find my videos which i downloaded using the youtube downloader free app after updating to cyan! I tried searching them under the downloaded files in the app but after tapping on it there's a pop up asking me to find the vids under "Video". But the only videos shown on my video hub r those vids transferred from my pc. Any idea where my videos disappeared to? :(
Another problem after updating to cyan is that only a few of my favourite photos r shuffling on the start screen while other favourites r not shown, the photos only changes when I select "shuffle now" under settings, anyway to solve this?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never used the app, so I can only guess.. Folders like pictures, video, music (be they on phone or sd card) have been made accessible for apps with Windows Phone 8.1. This means, if the app you're using hasn't been updated to take advantage of that (i.e. by implementing a file/folder picker to change download destinations), all files you download using the app are always stored in the isolated storage of the app, hence inaccessible from the outside.

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I've never used the app, so I can only guess.. Folders like pictures, video, music (be they on phone or sd card) have been made accessible for apps with Windows Phone 8.1. This means, if the app you're using hasn't been updated to take advantage of that (i.e. by implementing a file/folder picker to change download destinations), all files you download using the app are always stored in the isolated storage of the app, hence inaccessible from the outside.

This app that I am using did have an update after I updated to cyan, n the pop up seems to acknowledge that the videos r no longer kept under the "music+videos" hub like it was in wp8.0, so being up to date with wp8.1 doesn't seem like the problem if that is wat u meant..

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This app that I am using did have an update after I updated to cyan, n the pop up seems to acknowledge that the videos r no longer kept under the "music+videos" hub like it was in wp8.0, so being up to date with wp8.1 doesn't seem like the problem if that is wat u meant..

WP 8.1 doesn't even have a music + video hub anymore. These are 2 separate apps now. The music app will find any music on your device and sd card, no matter where you put it. And so does the video app with videos (if the codec is supported of course). That the app you're using received an update doesn't necessarily mean that support for public folders has been implemented. ;) Ask the dev. Are the videos you downloaded accessible via the app you've been using to download them? If so, they're in the app's isolated storage, hence inaccessible for no matter what other apps you may try and use, even the video app by MS.

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.1 doesn't even have a music + video hub anymore. These are 2 separate apps now. The music app will find any music on your device and sd card, no matter where you put it. And so does the video app with videos (if the codec is supported of course). That the app you're using received an update doesn't necessarily mean that support for public folders has been implemented. ;) Ask the dev. Are the videos you downloaded accessible via the app you've been using to download them? If so, they're in the app's isolated storage, hence inaccessible for no matter what other apps you may try and use, even the video app by MS.

When I was using the app on wp8.0, all my files can be added to the "music+videos" hub, it can be accessed from the old "new" and "history" part of the hub, it can also be accessed from the app itself. U may be right n I will try asking abt tat, anyway this is the pop up message I received when trying to access the files within the app: Downloaded files are located in your standard Videos folder. Please use Video application to browse /play/manage them.
Meanwhile any other youtube downloader apps that u recommend if this app unusable on wp8.1?

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue. When I save a copy of an image with the new Nokia Creative Studio after editing, the pictures are saved in an album named "Other pictures" instead of being saved in the same album of the original picture, and that album isn't accessible via my PC or any file manager app. That's weird, what's the point of saving a copy of the image if I can't even transfer it in my PC!

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar issue. When I save a copy of an image with the new Nokia Creative Studio after editing, the pictures are saved in an album named "Other pictures" instead of being saved in the same album of the original picture, and that album isn't accessible via my PC or any file manager app. That's weird, what's the point of saving a copy of the image if I can't even transfer it in my PC!
Hope I wont face this prob since I haven't started using any photo editing apps yet, I do have tat" other pictures" album which included some whatsapp photos n one video though I have no idea why.. As much as I love the new transparent tiles, action centre n swype keyboard on wp8.1, I miss the old photos n music+videos hub on wp8.0! :(

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hope I wont face this prob since I haven't started using any photo editing apps yet, I do have tat" other pictures" album which included some whatsapp photos n one video though I have no idea why.. As much as I love the new transparent tiles, action centre n swype keyboard on wp8.1, I miss the old photos n music+videos hub on wp8.0! :(

Old photo hub, old music+video, old nokia creative studio and old people hub where there was full facebook integration - I miss all four!

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok weird thing going on here with my Video app. I tried downloading my first video after cyan update using the same youtube downloader free app, n the video I downloaded appears now in the Video app! But it is just this new video I downloaded that appeared, the previous downloads before cyan update are STILL MISSING. Anyone has any idea what is going on here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte