Problem with 8.1 HD Tiles app

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I have this app installed on my 1520 + Cyan + Update 1 and yesterday morning I was notified that 1 app needed "attention". It was the 8.1 HD Tiles app. I have tried for 2 days to update the app and finally decided to remove it (maybe later reinstall it) but it won't uninstal, its still there just grayed out and it still reports it needs 'attention' and will not update or anything. How do I either update it or uninstall it?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, Lumia 1520, Cyan, Update 1, 8.1 HD Tiles app. I uninstalled it and now when I try to install it, I get a Store Error and the error code is 800004005. All other apps install and update properly. I didn't have any problems uninstalling It though. Make sure you first cancel the pending download where it says that attention is required. I always use phone memory for my apps (and SD card for everything else).

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem too, 1020 on WP8.1 Update 1 with Lumia Black. However, I get an error code c101a7d1. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Maybe the developer will pick up on this and issue a fix

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I just tried moving the Apps back to phone storage but still no luck. I tried to reinstall it but it just takes me to the page that has the app that needs attention. It tries to download but it always fails.

Any other idea? How do you get in tough with the developer of that App?

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue fixed today at the local ATT store. I didn't see him actually fix it but he said all he did was hold down the Action Needed tile in the Store>downloads screen and the option poped up and he told it to delete or close Anyway it worked. Now when I try to install that app I get a store error. I may not install it again.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue fixed today at the local ATT store. I didn't see him actually fix it but he said all he did was hold down the Action Needed tile in the Store>downloads screen and the option poped up and he told it to delete or close Anyway it worked. Now when I try to install that app I get a store error. I may not install it again.

Yes, I actually did this a few days ago. There is another thread about this same topic but it appears the issue is related to the app becoming a paid app instead of a free app. It doesn't seem to let previous users upgrade or reinstall. I fixed it by going to windowsphone.com and my purchase history, tried to reinstall; it told me that I didn't pay for it; after that I clicked on it and it let me pay for it and allowed me to install it. Normally I wouldn't have paid the 99 cents out of principle due to the hassle that this was but because I had leftover Microsoft credit from the Nokia promotion that is expiring soon, I figured I would try.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Here's the interesting part about this.... Indeed press and hold the app icon in the store to get the option to Cancel Download- this is only way I've found to clear the annoying notification that you have a pending download/update.

So then you move over and try to re-install the app (since I ready paid for the thing why not), and you get the 800004005- try again later really!? Ya, I switched to install apps on the phone vs. the SD card... still get the error. Wonderful... the app on longer installed on my 1520, but the other interesting thing, the app store won't let me give this POS one star or even write a complaint about my wasted .99- Yes it's feature!

So, here you go: My Review

-3 Stars (my new feature to hand out sub-stars to apps that are a complete waste of time and effort)

Worked well before Window 8.1/Cyan update. Seemed to be useful at the time with providing alternative tiles for the standard or common phone apps... but then something went amiss with some updating. The app would never update after windows phone 8.1/Cyan was installed, even for those of us the got the paid version. Now it will simply not install, nor can you provide feedback/review within the WP App store. This may not be the case for those that did not purchase or install the app previously.

With the advent of Live Folders and changes to Tiles with the latest WP updates, this app may not be as useful as it once was. Be aware that this app has had issues in the past.

***End of review....

So there! Moving on......

~ScottGeek....

nickg0413

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
i'm getting the same c101a7d1 error code as well (running 8.1 DP with Update 1).

i want to uninstall the app but when i tap on the app there is NO "uninstall" showing....just pin/rate/share. does anyone else have this issue with not being able to uninstall??

jtpcamp

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I got it to partially uninstall but then could not reinstall or completely uninstall. You need to get to the screen with the error code and then press and hold the apps icon till a window opens up and you can delete or whatever to it and it will be gone. Also, I have been unable to reinstall since it has been gone. I get a 'Store Error".

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I got it to partially uninstall but then could not reinstall or completely uninstall. You need to get to the screen with the error code and then press and hold the apps icon till a window opens up and you can delete or whatever to it and it will be gone. Also, I have been unable to reinstall since it has been gone. I get a 'Store Error".

Alright guys, I've been in contact with support.

What they're saying is that it's a bug with WP8.1 when switching the app from paid to free - they told me that despite contacting MS they haven't got anything back. So go email support with a screenshot of the error code you get, and they should chuck you on the list for their beta app (which is free) and you will be essentially beta-testing the app. Sounds like a nice trade-off to me

nickg0413

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks....that totally worked with the uninstall!!!!

Niwin

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am Niwin, one of the developers of this app. We are also aware of the issue. The problem is with the latest Windows phone OS update. We have contacted Microsoft on the issue. Windows Phone 8.1 has a bug while updating a free app that has now become paid. The only way to get the update is to uninstall and reinstall the app from it's web site. Even then, you will be asked to pay for installation. This seems to be a major bug, but they are not to keen to fix this.

We really don't want the users with free version to pay again for reinstalling the update. So as we value our customer's satisfaction we have created a private Beta version for our existing users. So kindly send us your screenshot of the error you receive and Microsoft Live ID with which you have connected your Windows Phone device. We will add your id to beta user list and you can use the app for FREE. This version would also receive frequent updates and popular shortcuts as the original version. Hope that would be helpful.

I was able to support all the users who contacted to the support ID or left a review. Sorry if I missed out you guys.

Niwin

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am Niwin, one of the developers of this app. We are also aware of the issue. The problem is with the latest Windows phone OS update. We have contacted Microsoft on the issue. Windows Phone 8.1 has a bug while updating a free app that has now become paid. The only way to get the update is to uninstall and reinstall the app from it's web site. Even then, you will be asked to pay for installation. This seems to be a major bug, but they are not to keen to fix this.

We really don't want the users with free version to pay again for reinstalling the update. So as we value our customer's satisfaction we have created a private Beta version for our existing users. So kindly send us your screenshot of the error you receive and Microsoft Live ID with which you have connected your Windows Phone device. We will add your id to beta user list and you can use the app for FREE. This version would also receive frequent updates and popular shortcuts as the original version. Hope that would be helpful.

I was able to support all the users who contacted to the support ID or left a review. Sorry if I missed out you guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte