Problem With OneDrive

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I just recently uploaded a photo to my OneDrive utilizing my Win 8.1 desktop app. I can see the photo just fine when I use this app, but I cannot see the photo when I open OneDrive on my Windows Phone nor can I see it if I go to www.OneDrive.com. In the lower right hand corner of this photo is an image of a computer monitor and a cloud. I'm not sure what that means and I think this has something to do with my problem.

I have had a similar problem if I have simply dragged images of files into my OneDrive account using Windows Explorer.
What's going on?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just recently uploaded a photo to my OneDrive utilizing my Win 8.1 desktop app. I can see the photo just fine when I use this app, but I cannot see the photo when I open OneDrive on my Windows Phone nor can I see it if I go to www.OneDrive.com. In the lower right hand corner of this photo is an image of a computer monitor and a cloud. I'm not sure what that means and I think this has something to do with my problem.

I have had a similar problem if I have simply dragged images of files into my OneDrive account using Windows Explorer.
What's going on?

I have had this issue happen to me multiple times when I upload pictures from my DV8P. Had to do a system refresh each time. But, in time, the issue returns. Most recently, my ASUS laptop running 8.1 has fallen prey to the same bug. I see the same icon on my files each time. There are many threads in the MS support forum, but no one has a definitive answer...other than refresh. Really disappointed because this will be the 4th time now that I've had to go through this. Good luck with figuring it out.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
FYI. I got the following response from Microsoft. I'm going to give it a try and see if it works:

To help troubleshoot SkyDrive file sync issues on Windows 8.1, please follow the instructions below:

Troubleshooting SkyDrive sync issues on Windows 8.1 Sync:

1.Confirm that your PC is able to access the Internet.

1.Also, if you use a metered network, please check that you have not disabled syncing using metered networks. Press the Windows key + C and select Change PC settings > SkyDrive > Metered connections. Make sure Upload and download files over metered connections is ON

2.Confirm that the SkyDrive Sync Engine host is running.

1.Press the Windows key + S to use Search > type Task manager > then select it to open
2.From Task manager, click on “more details” if not already selected
3.Under Background processes, ensure "SkyDrive Sync Engine Host" process is running. If the process keeps crashing or its not displayed, let us know.
3.Confirm that available updates to Windows 8.1 have been installed.
1.Press the Windows key + C and select Settings
2.Select Change PC settings > Update and recovery > Windows Update then select “Check Now”. If you are unable to check for or install Windows Updates, let us know
4.Confirm your sync issues by checking SkyDrive:
1.Launch the SkyDrive app and look for error(s) at the top of the screen or in the top right corner (Progress view). Let us know the error messages you are seeing and if you see files stuck in upload, downloading or both.
2.Open File Explorer from your Windows Desktop and let us know if you see files stuck in downloading or shows the double arrow icon. Also, click on the SkyDrive folder and look for any icons that indicate errors. If there’s an error icon, right click on the SkyDrive folder and select “View problems”. This will open the Progress view page within the SkyDrive app and will provide a complete error message. Document the error(s) and let us know.

5.If after going through steps 1- 4 you are still having sync issues, download and run the SkyDrive troubleshooter located here.
6.If the troubleshooter failed to resolve your sync issue, please follow these steps:
a. Press the Windows key + R and the Run window will open
b. In the Open field type: skydrive.exe /reset
c. Click OK
NOTE: Using SkyDrive Reset will not affect your files. Reset re-syncs all of your SkyDrive data which could take some time depending on the size of your data. Open the SkyDrive app to check when your files have re-synced or you can check the system tray icon to note the status of SkyDrive and if it’s up to date.

7.Please let us know if these steps failed to resolve your sync issues by contacting SkyDrive Support here. Also, please provide any other symptoms or errors you’ve seen after running the troubleshooter.

If you’ve previously seen the instructions below on other posts, please DO NOT use them as they are no longer valid for SkyDrive on Windows 8.1

| Report abuseReport inappropriate content

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
FYI - I followed the above steps and found that my "SkyDrive Sync Engine Host" was not running. I then ran the SkyDrive troubleshooter and the problem appears to have been fixed.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
FYI. I got the following response from Microsoft. I'm going to give it a try and see if it works:

To help troubleshoot SkyDrive file sync issues on Windows 8.1, please follow the instructions below:

Troubleshooting SkyDrive sync issues on Windows 8.1 Sync:

1.Confirm that your PC is able to access the Internet.

1.Also, if you use a metered network, please check that you have not disabled syncing using metered networks. Press the Windows key + C and select Change PC settings > SkyDrive > Metered connections. Make sure Upload and download files over metered connections is ON

2.Confirm that the SkyDrive Sync Engine host is running.

1.Press the Windows key + S to use Search > type Task manager > then select it to open
2.From Task manager, click on “more details” if not already selected
3.Under Background processes, ensure "SkyDrive Sync Engine Host" process is running. If the process keeps crashing or its not displayed, let us know.
3.Confirm that available updates to Windows 8.1 have been installed.
1.Press the Windows key + C and select Settings
2.Select Change PC settings > Update and recovery > Windows Update then select “Check Now”. If you are unable to check for or install Windows Updates, let us know
4.Confirm your sync issues by checking SkyDrive:
1.Launch the SkyDrive app and look for error(s) at the top of the screen or in the top right corner (Progress view). Let us know the error messages you are seeing and if you see files stuck in upload, downloading or both.
2.Open File Explorer from your Windows Desktop and let us know if you see files stuck in downloading or shows the double arrow icon. Also, click on the SkyDrive folder and look for any icons that indicate errors. If there’s an error icon, right click on the SkyDrive folder and select “View problems”. This will open the Progress view page within the SkyDrive app and will provide a complete error message. Document the error(s) and let us know.

5.If after going through steps 1- 4 you are still having sync issues, download and run the SkyDrive troubleshooter located here.
6.If the troubleshooter failed to resolve your sync issue, please follow these steps:
a. Press the Windows key + R and the Run window will open
b. In the Open field type: skydrive.exe /reset
c. Click OK
NOTE: Using SkyDrive Reset will not affect your files. Reset re-syncs all of your SkyDrive data which could take some time depending on the size of your data. Open the SkyDrive app to check when your files have re-synced or you can check the system tray icon to note the status of SkyDrive and if it’s up to date.

7.Please let us know if these steps failed to resolve your sync issues by contacting SkyDrive Support here. Also, please provide any other symptoms or errors you’ve seen after running the troubleshooter.

If you’ve previously seen the instructions below on other posts, please DO NOT use them as they are no longer valid for SkyDrive on Windows 8.1

| Report abuseReport inappropriate content

@tallarob

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for posting this info. This bug has given me fits. The skydrive.exe /reset worked perfectly for me. Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos