Problems attaching files in edge?

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend has a Windows 10 laptop that she uses for school. She has to use this online thing called blackboard to upload assignments and other things. However, edge browser won't allow her to attach the files to submit them for review. She has to end up using Mozilla Firefox and she has no problems. Any ideas people on why because she would just like to use the edge browser.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
She's probably having trouble uploading files because Edge is a new browser, due to it being a new browser its not playing nice with websites, last month I tried to book my (driving) theory test on DVLA's website and Edge wouldn't let me log on.

Last edited:

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
She's probably having trouble uploading files because Edge is a new browser, due to it being a new browser its not playing nice with websites, last month I tried to book my (driving) theory test on DVLA's website and Edge wouldn't let me log on.

That's what I was thinking I hope this is fixed soon

Draupadi913

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
To this date (4/21/16), the problem has still not been resolved. I use gmail, so I downloaded the Chrome browser, and with Chrome, I had no problems attaching files to my emails. I guess I won't be using Microsoft Edge anymore. Also, it's pretty hard to believe that Microsoft would've ever released this software, without having found such a major bug like this.

It's actually quite funny....I watch the shopping channel, QVC, where they frequently sell laptop computers. All the reps are always pushing all the "wonders" of the new browser, Microsoft Edge.....how you can "highlight" and even write on web pages, and send them to friends.....but it cannot even perform the majorly fundamental task of attaching files to email. So ironic! Everyone is clearly asleep at the wheel!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
To this date (4/21/16), the problem has still not been resolved. I use gmail, so I downloaded the Chrome browser, and with Chrome, I had no problems attaching files to my emails. I guess I won't be using Microsoft Edge anymore. Also, it's pretty hard to believe that Microsoft would've ever released this software, without having found such a major bug like this.

It's actually quite funny....I watch the shopping channel, QVC, where they frequently sell laptop computers. All the reps are always pushing all the "wonders" of the new browser, Microsoft Edge.....how you can "highlight" and even write on web pages, and send them to friends.....but it cannot even perform the majorly fundamental task of attaching files to email. So ironic! Everyone is clearly asleep at the wheel!

I am having a similar problem. Edge browser would not attach files in GMAIL.
Pl advise if you have a solution

can it attach for other email services like outlook or yahoo?
And can you upload using google drive?

ely b

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
November 23, 2016, and the problem remains. Since I need to submit files online, Edge cannot be my default browser.

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I was curious if this works for me, so I tried with my Gmail account and attached a jpeg to an email. It works ok here. What kind of files are you trying to attach?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion