Project Spartan

jay pugh1

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Using Lumia 625 for windows 10 preview on the preview fast. In the Spartan browser when you type a search item in the address bar it takes you Bing/Cortana. If you click any search links they open in IE not Spartan. The only way to use Spartan is to use whatever to open in Spartan. Does anyone know how to make Spartan the default browser?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Using Lumia 625 for windows 10 preview on the preview fast. In the Spartan browser when you type a search item in the address bar it takes you Bing/Cortana. If you click any search links they open in IE not Spartan. The only way to use Spartan is to use whatever to open in Spartan. Does anyone know how to make Spartan the default browser?

spartan is still in very early beta. so you could expect such issues. better will be to wait for the next stable build or rollback to wp8.1 if you are done experimenting wp10 TP ;) good day

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Indeed some more work is still to come.

Currently there is nothing that i can see that shows whether a page is loading or not.

Also the bottom section has a blank gray area where I assume the tabs, share etc. Buttons are supposed to appear yet are hidden within the three dot menu... Which in itself seems more difficult to access than normal as I tend to jump to a menu I didn't click on.

However the browser does work better with mobile sites than IE.

A lot of work still needed, but it's nice to dabble in. It's not on the same level as Spartan on the PC Win10 though.

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Just sharing, I'm so happy that Project Spartan solved my long time problem with hover menu. I've been keeping an android phone just for a single app, my bank's app which is not available on windows phone. Everything you can do in the app can be done in their website but it's using hover menu which makes it useless using IE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb