ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I put it on Manual Focus, the Assist Light menu is greyed out.

But even if I use Automatic, it doesn't work. Maybe I am using it wrong?

The assist light won't work for manual focus, I'm sorry to say the API is not set up to support this.

When you say automatic, is the Assist Lamp set to auto or is the focus? If AF assist lamp is set to auto, the camera will decide automatically if it's needed for the shot, so it may not turn on at all.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
ProShot memory consumption now down to 10MB. Sweet!!!
Edit: not sure if updating the app cleans the memory footprint (including all those temp files). Will take a bunch of photos and check if that number rises.

solution2u

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
ProShot memory consumption now down to 10MB. Sweet!!!
Edit: not sure if updating the app cleans the memory footprint (including all those temp files). Will take a bunch of photos and check if that number rises.

How to check the memory consumption ? You meant storage ?

This update introduced some bugs.

In between, some users reported new bugs with latest update. No time to test it yet.

ProShot for Windows Phone 8 picks up UI refresh and more in latest update | Windows Phone Central
1. when focus locked, you cannot take a picture
2. you cannot exit out of focus lock to regular focus. you must completely exit app.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^there's a panorama app In the store and no he does not play to add HDR because WP8 API don't support it (it does rather but very slow)
could u point out the UI refresh? nothing changed much that I noticed except the little square possibly indicating single/burst mode..?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
How to check the memory consumption ? You meant storage ?

This update introduced some bugs.

In between, some users reported new bugs with latest update. No time to test it yet.

ProShot for Windows Phone 8 picks up UI refresh and more in latest update | Windows Phone Central
1. when focus locked, you cannot take a picture
2. you cannot exit out of focus lock to regular focus. you must completely exit app.

Definitely working on a fix and hope to have all of the reported bugs squished before the night is over (though it's lookin like I may need another day :/).

Can I ask if you have plans of adding HDR and Panorama into the app.
^there's a panorama app In the store and no he does not play to add HDR because WP8 API don't support it (it does rather but very slow)
could u point out the UI refresh? nothing changed much that I noticed except the little square possibly indicating single/burst mode..?

I do have plans to add HDR, but am waiting for a certain update to Microsoft's API. It may come with Amber this summer (I really hope it does).
There are no current plans to add panorama to ProShot, however. James8561 is right, there's already a panorama app in the store, and I think Photosynth does a much better job than I could ever do at any of this stuff :)

As far as UI changes are concerned, there are many tweaks. Here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

1) New UI show / hide animations.
2) UI slides in when app is launched
3) New focus animation (shows relevant icons / settings)
4) Banner images on the right panel add context to the menu options (these are all photos I've taken on my various travels btw :)
5) Progress bar animation runs when camera hardware is loading
6) Redesigned timelapse icon
7) Cleaned up and rearranged settings in Mode panel (Burst, Timer, Timelapse, etc. sections in the top panel)
8) Tweaked some icon sizes and placements
9) Widened right bar for easier access (the IMG, FOC, ISO mini bar).
10) Colorized the selections on the right bar to match the selected item color (instead of just black)
11) "Saving images" queue animation no longer necessary to show during regular image capture due to changes in the back end. Makes app feel faster.
12) Italicized explanation text under titles

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
hello "Riseupgames"
first i want to thank you for all the effort you are doing.
and i want to report a problem that occured to me "after the last update"

when i point the camera to a bright object "i was trying to take a picture of the street in day light" i noticed the bright areas are like"scrambled" with black ...
total black pixels ...
i wanted to check if it was the mobile it self or the app ... so i ran the Native camera app ... everything was fine there ...

i use a lumia 820 with 1308 update

here are the screenshots for what im talking about and note that allthe black areas are bright areas "should be"

wp_ss_20130530_0001.jpg

wp_ss_20130530_0002.png

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is happening because currently you have Auto Highlight Clipping on: SET>Highlight Clip> Auto-on The black areas you see are over exposed areas on your shot.

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Very Good app, and incredible fast suppport, i send them a mail yesterday, after one hour i got a reply from RiseUp. This is what i'd like to see next:

- Spanish language (My language)
- More Effects
- Faster Image processing
- Better tutorials

Best Regards from Argentina!!!

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
cool ... thanks guys for the "Highlight" thing ... but may i ask what is it for ...

what use to photographer is this option for?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Its really useful to be able to see the exposure across your scene. If most of the scene clips you know you are over exposing soon you can adjust to produce a picture that more accurately portrays the scene you want to capture.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Very Good app, and incredible fast suppport, i send them a mail yesterday, after one hour i got a reply from RiseUp. This is what i'd like to see next:

- Spanish language (My language)
- More Effects
- Faster Image processing
- Better tutorials

Best Regards from Argentina!!!

Hello!

1) We are definitely looking into adding more language options to ProShot. We first need to get to a stable spot with the text that appears in ProShot, and then find the right people to work with.
2) Effects are something we will be looking into
3) Faster image processing can only happen when Microsoft fixes a certain bug in their API, as well as one other thing that I can't talk about that may or may not happen.
4) What would you like to see in the tutorial?

Just for everyone's reference, there's a link to the Manual and an FAQ in the About panel in ProShot. The Manual link will take you to the online user manual, which explains all of the features of ProShot and how to use them. The FAQ should help in answering some frequently asked questions such as HDR, deleting photos, video mode, etc.

No way you captured lightning! So cool!

As always, freaking awesome pics

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After having taken over 100 photos tonight, I can confirm that ProShot app never crashed on me. Rather, I got a low memory warning on a couple of occasions that asked me to restart the app (a work-around MSFT's APIs that leak memory), which I did. And after I was done taking photos, I checked the storage stats and the app still stood at 10MB, ie, it is properly deleting any left over tmp files and not ending up consuming a lot of memory. This update was awesome. Thank you RiseUpGames.

Last edited:

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Bad news for the update, found a few bugs today, quickly fixed them but had to restart the submission process. Lookin like early next week now. Sorry everyone :(

Would this be the reason I'm getting the following message on my 820 :

'On no!

An error occured.

Would you like to send the error details to
the developer?'

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Riseupgame :D great job as always and I appreciate it at best.

Though I don't know why but saving picture is kinda slower with my 920. It used to be faster

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Would this be the reason I'm getting the following message on my 820 :

'On no!

An error occured.

Would you like to send the error details to
the developer?'

It seems like a lot of people are getting this error (if you select to send the error details, you'll see in the email something like "VisualTreeHelper" something something.

I never saw this in testing so I'm not sure why so many devices have been affected, but I've submitted an update that should fix it (v2.7.1). v2.7 is what just hit the marketplace.

Hi Riseupgame :D great job as always and I appreciate it at best.

Though I don't know why but saving picture is kinda slower with my 920. It used to be faster

It's actually faster, but it may feel a bit slower. Before, one would capture the image, it would slide off, then there'd be some "Saving..." text on the bottom of the screen while the image saves. Until the image saved the UI would be unusable. Now it's all done in one shot, which actually shaves about a half second off capture-capture times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb