ProShot camera app.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm more interested in your stuffs inside the closet. :excited:

Agree! The Rollei is cool. Used one when learning photography in 1967. Don't recognize the rangefinder, doesn't look like a Leica or Nikon. Is it a Contax? Can't quite make out the bottom shelf ...

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If your'e talking about the one in the upper left, that's a Zeiss Contessa. Not sure what the bottom one is, tho, it's not mine. It only says "Weston" on it and it feels like a brick haha.

I've seen some posts requesting pics from ProShot. Here's my contribution :)

ProShotBW.jpg

Photo is untouched, save for the crop in post. Shot with an HTC 8X.
I now have C2 dedicated to high-iso grainy black and white photography, and it's so much fun!

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

I was taking some time lapse pictures with ProShot the other day. If I may suggest feature for ProShot 3.0 :)
Can you put some option to stich together those pictures in one video ? Full HD or HD will do the fine, and if we know that from the beginning then we can take pictures in that resolution as well from start, which will give us some faster results, faster saving, shorter time between time lapse pictures and so on.....

Let me see how many LIKE I can get for this post, so You know if someone else too wants time lapse pictures saved as video ;) ?

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

With respect to the above post, I noticed a 1.7x Zoom being displayed on top and was kinda expecting that :wink:. N ya, like everyone else, I too love the app. It makes even a super amateur like me look like a decent photographer.
This is probably a very amateurish question, but what settings do you use to take close-up shots. For now, I use the default camera app only for close up macro shots. Do i have to play around with manual focus ?

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Agree! The Rollei is cool. Used one when learning photography in 1967. Don't recognize the rangefinder, doesn't look like a Leica or Nikon. Is it a Contax? Can't quite make out the bottom shelf ...

Just wondering why isn't those antiques being kept in a dry cabinet instead.

winguy974

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

I've encountered some white points/pixels on my ProShot photos (see below). It seems to happen more often since the last update. Any thoughts ? Thanks.

2013_03_01_00_14_04_ProShot.jpg

ProShot settings : Auto-shutter / ISO 100 / EV 0 / Auto-focus / No flash.

Otherwise, thanks for your awesome app and support :)

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's my old cameras portrait. Not as old as RiseUpGames' cameras but still old. Shot with ProShot in auto mode. Speaking of bricks, the Photomic F was really a brick. :smile:

Nikon_20130228-53.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

I was taking some time lapse pictures with ProShot the other day. If I may suggest feature for ProShot 3.0 :)
Can you put some option to stich together those pictures in one video ? Full HD or HD will do the fine, and if we know that from the beginning then we can take pictures in that resolution as well from start, which will give us some faster results, faster saving, shorter time between time lapse pictures and so on.....

Let me see how many LIKE I can get for this post, so You know if someone else too wants time lapse pictures saved as video ;) ?

I briefly looked into a feature like that earlier, but the process seemed a bit more complicated than I was initially expecting. It may be a while before I can implement something like that, but that isn't to say I don't have a few other timelapse tricks in the works ;)

@RiseUpGames

I've encountered some white points/pixels on my ProShot photos (see below). It seems to happen more often since the last update. Any thoughts ? Thanks.

View attachment 29728

ProShot settings : Auto-shutter / ISO 100 / EV 0 / Auto-focus / No flash.

Otherwise, thanks for your awesome app and support :)

Hmm, that's really strange. Can't say that I've seen that in my tests on any of my devices (Lumia 920, 810, HTC 8X). How did you take that pic? Did you hold your hand over the lens?

winguy974

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that's really strange. Can't say that I've seen that in my tests on any of my devices (Lumia 920, 810, HTC 8X). How did you take that pic? Did you hold your hand over the lens?

I took the picture with the above ProShot settings in a low-light room, with the lens clean and the space in front of it clear. I noticed that these white points don't occur when putting ISO in Auto ... Maybe I am doing something wrong ? I would be grateful if you can take a picture with my settings (Auto-shutter / ISO 100 / EV 0 / Auto-focus / No flash) in a dark room and post it so I can compare. Thanks in advance !

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I got:

2013_02_28_23_42_16_ProShot.jpg

Also, just found a bug with the histogram, arg.. If you navigate to the first pic in the preview roll, then back to camera mode, histogram will stop working. If you navigate back 2+ pictures and back to camera mode, histogram will be fine. Everyone, if you find the histogram freezing, a quickfix would be to turn it off then on again. I will have a fix for this in the next update, as well as cool new features per usual :p

winguy974

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your picture. You also have some few white/red points as me, so I think this is normal ... I mean, using ISO 100 in really dark situations can create this problem. When using higher ISO, everything is fine :) I think I'm being too fussy ! Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it !

And by the way, even if don't use the histogram, I made a test to know if I have the same bug as you, and the histogram works fine every time, even if I go back to the first pic. Just to let you know !

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
as well as cool new features per usual :p

Is it possible to throw in a "2:3" mode? While I know most people only keep their pictures on their computers and share them on facebook, I still prefer to take them and get my favorite ones printed. It's a lot easier taking 2:3 pics and just printing them, then having to crop every one when I get to the machine!

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
pennzoilgtr, all of your night shots are very nice. what settings are you using?

And how is that Mount XL working out?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb