ProShot camera app.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing a bug with ProShot. I take a picture in landscape mode, but it shows up in portrait mode when I post here in the forums.
2014_11_18_20_43_32_ProShot 1.jpg

Here's my file properties in Windows Explorer.
properties.PNG

That should display as landscape, not portrait.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you plan to add continuous auto focus?

Yep! That feature is only available as a part of the WP8.1 API, so I'll be able to add it once I update ProShot to it (unfortunately, due to the extreme changes Microsoft made with the API, this requires a complete rewrite of the app, which I will begin working on sometime in January).

I'm experiencing a bug with ProShot. I take a picture in landscape mode, but it shows up in portrait mode when I post here in the forums.
View attachment 88365

Here's my file properties in Windows Explorer.
View attachment 88366

That should display as landscape, not portrait.

As of either GDR3 or WP8.1, Microsoft began embedding image rotation into the EXIF, as opposed to physically rotating the image. I believe this could be the cause of the issue. I have this flagged in my to-do list to check out, once I've completed work on the v6.0 update. I definitely want to find a work-around!

Hi can somebody please teach me how to use the HDR of Proshot? I can't find tutorials on how to use the HDR on my Proshot app.

It's pretty easy, just set the mode to HDR, point, and shoot ^_^
If you're looking for tone mapping options, ProShot doesn't currently do that. What it does do is offer a slider to control exposure offset, and another slider to control number of exposures. Hope this helps!

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep! That feature is only available as a part of the WP8.1 API, so I'll be able to add it once I update ProShot to it (unfortunately, due to the extreme changes Microsoft made with the API, this requires a complete rewrite of the app, which I will begin working on sometime in January).

As of either GDR3 or WP8.1, Microsoft began embedding image rotation into the EXIF, as opposed to physically rotating the image. I believe this could be the cause of the issue. I have this flagged in my to-do list to check out, once I've completed work on the v6.0 update. I definitely want to find a work-around!

It's pretty easy, just set the mode to HDR, point, and shoot ^_^
If you're looking for tone mapping options, ProShot doesn't currently do that. What it does do is offer a slider to control exposure offset, and another slider to control number of exposures. Hope this helps!

Is the exposure in HDR the same as exposure in Nokia camera?
What is bracket only?
What is HDR Portrait?
How do I take HDR photo the same as HDT in default camera of iPhone? I can't seem to get the HDR effect with my photo

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is the exposure in HDR the same as exposure in Nokia camera?
What is bracket only?
What is HDR Portrait?
How do I take HDR photo the same as HDT in default camera of iPhone? I can't seem to get the HDR effect with my photo

1) Yes

2) Only does bracket exposure: Bracketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) Creates an HDR image with one of the exposures using the flash, and one without.

4) I don't know how the iPhone does it. The HDR effect can mean many things, but if you're referring to tone mapping, ProShot does not 100% do that just yet.

To get an HDR effect, set the exposure offset to something like ?1, point your camera at a scene with bright spots and dark spots, and take a picture. ProShot offers a lot of options for configuration, it's best to play with them until you achieve your desired effect. Also consider trying the single-exposure HDR option.

There are still quite a few ways I can improve this mode, and hope to add those to the v6.0 update.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I can't take pictures with the front camera. tried it on my Icon as well as the 735.

I tried setting it to tap to focus as well as tap to focus and take a picture. neither will take a picture by tapping the screen.

It works when I use the physical camera button on the Icon. But the 735 doesn't have a physical camera button.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't take pictures with the front camera. tried it on my Icon as well as the 735.

I tried setting it to tap to focus as well as tap to focus and take a picture. neither will take a picture by tapping the screen.

It works when I use the physical camera button on the Icon. But the 735 doesn't have a physical camera button.

You can take a photo using the on-screen button. When using the front camera, only the physical or on-screen camera buttons work to capture an image. I'll add screen tap to capture for the FFC in v6.0.

Hope this helps!

Davide_sd

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
First thing first: Happy new year ProShot users!!!! :)

I've put my L920 in timelapse mode for about 30 minutes, obviusly with Proshot camera app.
Time interval: 10s
Shutter: 2s
ISO: 400
White Balance: auto
Focus: manual, almost to infinity

Here is the result of the first assembly (using Lighten blend mode): 260 pics were assembled to this final result. In the next few days i'm gonna try some new assembly algorithms.
RaiseUpGames, keep up the outstandin work!!!! :)))
capodanno-2015-big.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
First thing first: Happy new year ProShot users!!!! :)

I've put my L920 in timelapse mode for about 30 minutes, obviusly with Proshot camera app.
Time interval: 10s
Shutter: 2s
ISO: 400
White Balance: auto
Focus: manual, almost to infinity

Here is the result of the first assembly (using Lighten blend mode): 260 pics were assembled to this final result. In the next few days i'm gonna try some new assembly algorithms.
RaiseUpGames, keep up the outstandin work!!!! :)))
View attachment 92652

Very cool! I'd love to see more!

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Something I've always wanted to do with my phone was catch lightning. Using the timelapse feature as an intervalometer and a tripod I was able to get a pretty good sharp looking lightning strike =) This was near the end of this past monsoon season here in Arizona. Looking forward to next season so I can try it out more.

Manual focus
Shutter speed at 4 secs
Auto WB
ISO 100
Lumia 925
2014_08_25_22_33_20_ProShot.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Something I've always wanted to do with my phone was catch lightning. Using the timelapse feature as an intervalometer and a tripod I was able to get a pretty good sharp looking lightning strike =) This was near the end of this past monsoon season here in Arizona. Looking forward to next season so I can try it out more.

Manual focus
Shutter speed at 4 secs
Auto WB
ISO 100
Lumia 925
View attachment 94826

Wow great capture! And great idea to get it (btw I didn't know AZ had monsoon seasons haha). I'm going to try this next lightning storm!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Quick update on ProShot v6.0

Brief history: ProShot was built using WP8.0 API, which Microsoft made specifically for WP, and allowed for some really amazing features. When 8.1 came out, Microsoft deprecated the ENTIRE 8.0 Camera API, and said that support for it will be completely dropped when W10 launches. What that means is that 8.0 camera apps won't run on W10.

Why this matters: ProShot now needs to be rewritten using the 8.1 API. Despite my efforts at good code design, this new API is completely different from the old one, so I can't use any old code. What complicates things even more is that really important functions that ProShot depended on for maximum performance were dropped in the 8.1 API, so I need to find new ways of achieving the same stuff, which has proven difficult.

Where we are now: The changing of APIs burned me (and all of us) pretty bad, so I've actually been waiting for more W10 info to come out before fully committing to rewriting ProShot. The last thing I want is to build a new camera app on the 8.1 API only to find that it gets changed again in W10.

Final thoughts: This should hopefully explain why ProShot hasn't seen any updates in a while. I have in no way abandoned WP, it's still the (only) phone I use every day and I love the platform. More info to come next month :)

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow great capture! And great idea to get it (btw I didn't know AZ had monsoon seasons haha). I'm going to try this next lightning storm!

Thanks! The monsoon season here is around July to September. There are some great light shows. Also a lot of dust storms.

Just a quick edit. Exposure was 2 secs. Was going on memory but realized full EXIF is in the pic.

BTW do you have some place to suggest features? Looking to get a series of photos for focus stacking. I know there's Nokia Refocus, but I want the individual frames to take into a program like Zerene Stacker or CombineZP. Hoping for an app to get them automatically so I don't have to manually change the focus every shot.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Quick update on ProShot v6.0

Brief history: ProShot was built using WP8.0 API, which Microsoft made specifically for WP, and allowed for some really amazing features. When 8.1 came out, Microsoft deprecated the ENTIRE 8.0 Camera API, and said that support for it will be completely dropped when W10 launches. What that means is that 8.0 camera apps won't run on W10.

Why this matters: ProShot now needs to be rewritten using the 8.1 API. Despite my efforts at good code design, this new API is completely different from the old one, so I can't use any old code. What complicates things even more is that really important functions that ProShot depended on for maximum performance were dropped in the 8.1 API, so I need to find new ways of achieving the same stuff, which has proven difficult.

Where we are now: The changing of APIs burned me (and all of us) pretty bad, so I've actually been waiting for more W10 info to come out before fully committing to rewriting ProShot. The last thing I want is to build a new camera app on the 8.1 API only to find that it gets changed again in W10.

Final thoughts: This should hopefully explain why ProShot hasn't seen any updates in a while. I have in no way abandoned WP, it's still the (only) phone I use every day and I love the platform. More info to come next month :)
While I'm no longer using Windows Phone at the moment I remember using this app all the time when I had my Lumia 920 and 1020. I still keep up with Windows Phone news and your app developments and I for one have faith in you and the team.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! The monsoon season here is around July to September. There are some great light shows. Also a lot of dust storms.

Just a quick edit. Exposure was 2 secs. Was going on memory but realized full EXIF is in the pic.

BTW do you have some place to suggest features? Looking to get a series of photos for focus stacking. I know there's Nokia Refocus, but I want the individual frames to take into a program like Zerene Stacker or CombineZP. Hoping for an app to get them automatically so I don't have to manually change the focus every shot.

Requesting here is fine :) You can also use the "send feedback" button in the About page (tap the "?" in the right menu). Focus stacking isn't actually that hard to add, the only issue is how to integrate it into the UI without crowding it. Coincidentally enough, I might have came up with an idea late last night that could probably accommodate it. In any case, it's on the to-do list!

While I'm no longer using Windows Phone at the moment I remember using this app all the time when I had my Lumia 920 and 1020. I still keep up with Windows Phone news and your app developments and I for one have faith in you and the team.

Thank you always for your support. Perhaps one day ProShot will be on whichever platform you choose ;)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you always for your support. Perhaps one day ProShot will be on whichever platform you choose ;)

That would be great. But from what I understand now the OEMs are responsible for updating their ROMs with the Camera2 API used to give users manual control on their phones. Sony is set to release the Lollipop update next month so I'll have to wait and see if that's included. It seems the pure Google Nexus phones like the Nexus 5 and 6 are the only ones that have it at the current moment. I'll keep you posted. Anything to keep you considering that possibility.

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Requesting here is fine :) You can also use the "send feedback" button in the About page (tap the "?" in the right menu). Focus stacking isn't actually that hard to add, the only issue is how to integrate it into the UI without crowding it. Coincidentally enough, I might have came up with an idea late last night that could probably accommodate it. In any case, it's on the to-do list!

That's awesome! Looking forward to it if you ever integrate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05