ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you charge again for the new update just like Chronos Calendar. You have given us a whole lot of updates. Well worth a buck.

I'm not familiar with what Chronos did, but when I made ProShot free for a few days, I added a donation page inside the app. 200,000 free downloads, and only 42 donations to date.

It was pretty rough to watch, haha.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar with what Chronos did, but when I made ProShot free for a few days, I added a donation page inside the app. 200,000 free downloads, and only 42 donations to date.

Can you please add payment through Phone Bill? Please...i really want to donate but I can't..

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The dev of Chronos made a new app for WP8.1 and published it as a new app and not as an update to WP8 version. I don't think a dev should provide lifetime of updates on an app which only cost $2.
You should charge for this new update.
Btw if you don't mind asking, what was the biggest donation you recevied?

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm going to be rewriting the app, now's a great time to ask :smile:

Which feature(s) would you most like to see added to ProShot?

it's hard to think of something it can't already do :)

ouch, though I personally gladly purchased it (is it possible that it was already available in the WP7 days?) when paid and did recommend it to a few friends, but while free as well. Anyway, that must have been tough, thanks for not losing faith. *cheers*

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The dev of Chronos made a new app for WP8.1 and published it as a new app and not as an update to WP8 version. I don't think a dev should provide lifetime of updates on an app which only cost $2.
You should charge for this new update.
Btw if you don't mind asking, what was the biggest donation you recevied?

Oh I see. You know, based on what I've seen in Microsoft's developer portal, it might have been necessary for them to release a separate app, in order to keep support for both 8.0 and 8.1 (due to the way the Store has been restructured and a few other variables). If that's the case I'd be sad, because I don't want to make people who already paid for the app pay again. That, and ProShot has tens of thousands of reviews globally, don't wanna reset those numbers :p

Edit: To answer your question, 3 people donated the largest amount, $9.99.

ouch, though I personally gladly purchased it (is it possible that it was already available in the WP7 days?) when paid and did recommend it to a few friends, but while free as well. Anyway, that must have been tough, thanks for not losing faith. *cheers*

I remember you were there pretty much from the beginning. Thank you so much for the support and feedback all of these years :cool:

Video Options ! Manual video Controls please YOU WILL ROCK !
You will really beat something called Lumia Camera !
If there's a possibility to make a anti red eye mode for flash... this would be awesome!

While I can't promise them yet (there's still a lot of work to be done), these are things I definitely want to add :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This might sound stupid, but anyway to make the camera load faster like in Denim on a 930?

Totally valid question :) ProShot already loads very quickly on the Snapdragon 800+ processors (930, 1520, HTC M8, etc), and it will load even faster with the new update, on all devices. I can say this because I understand Silverlight architecture much better now than when I first started WP development, so I know which optimizations will have the best effect.

AhmadSorour

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Totally valid question :) ProShot already loads very quickly on the Snapdragon 800+ processors (930, 1520, HTC M8, etc), and it will load even faster with the new update, on all devices. I can say this because I understand Silverlight architecture much better now than when I first started WP development, so I know which optimizations will have the best effect.
And the rest will be...?
I think that is time to upgrade :D

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You made my day, thank you. One more question, I know you don't have control over this, but is there any update on making proshot as the default lens?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You made my day, thank you. One more question, I know you don't have control over this, but is there any update on making proshot as the default lens?

None at all I'm afraid, and I've tried everything I can. I may have an opportunity to meet some Microsoft people in about a month. If so, I'll definitely be asking them :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb