Push notifications live tiles after upgrade to wp7.8

chayasorn

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone experience any problem with push notifications tile after upgrade to wp7.8? I usually use XE's currency live tile to keep up with exchange rate. I have found that the live tile stop working after I upgraded. I do reinstall, pin it to the start screen and tile become static now (no information, just an icon). >_<

I have another handset, HTC7, which just be upgraded to wp7.8 on the same date. No problem at all.

Any suggestions is welcomed. ^_^

Note:
1. I upgraded them by official release (I unplugged the Ethernet cable)
2. My lumia 900 current firmware is 2175.2905.8853.12440.
3. The Weather channel live tiles work normally but they're updated by background agents, I guess.

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Same problem with a couple of apps i had, bing2wall and ilmeteo.it (i'm from Italy).
After removing and reinstalling the icons became static at all....
Lumia 800 upgraded to 7.8 with disconnection trick....

chayasorn

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, Sigfrid66. There must be something wrong in wp7.8.
FYI: I tried reset the phone and this problem had gone away. (in exchange for an empty phone. >_< )
Anyway, now I'd just restored back to 7.5 and I will try to update to WP7.8 again later.

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i solved resetting my phone....then i started adding first the apps with problems, then reinstalling one by one the other apps, taking care not to install stuff not important and so on...In my opinion when the background apps are too many, the phone sometime goes crazy, it's importanto to mantain it as clean as you can....i don't think the problem is the update to 7.8 itself....hope to be of help
Alessandro

napkatz

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, all my news tiles on my Lumia 900 are broken: AP Mobile, CNN, USA Today, ESPN, Bloomberg. The apps worked for a little after the update, but now nothing. I wish Microsoft or Nokia would formally acknowledge this problem and pledge a fix. A critical part of my phone's functionality is now broken. If I don't here anything, I'm going to the Microsoft Store and demand they replace my phone; I have a 1 year store warranty.

Strangely, my LG Quantum, which I upgraded through unofficial means, seems to be fine. Must be a bug with the Nokia update.

Red Lemur

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for starting this thread as I'm trying to find more information on this subject myself (both off the web and from Microsoft) on how it might be fixed for those affected.

Four of my users (of my app) have noticed this issue too. It's not consistent across 7.8 users as I've got a lot of users on 7.8 who are fine - but it's still four too many.

There was an article today on wmpoweruser talking about tiles sticking after the 7.8 update:
Now Windows Phone 7.8 Update brings stuck Live Tiles ? is it better off being avoided? | WMPoweruser
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-party-live-tiles-stuck-since-7-8-update.html
Windows Phone 7.8 update appears to break Live Tiles | Expert Reviews

My tiles are working fine for me on my 7.8 phone so it's not something I can debug myself.

Has anyone had any success with anything other than hard-resetting? Uninstalling/reinstalling the apps does not seem to be effective. I wondered if restoring to 7.5 and then re-applying the 7.8 update would make a difference.

Anyway - hopefully we'll have some more info soon (or a fix from Nokia/Microsoft).

Cheers,

Ian

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated through Zune with the disconnect method. I don't have a lot of live tile apps, but didn't the weather app used to be "live"? I've tried the CNN app after seeing people had issues with it, and it did not have any live info on my phone. I use an app that keeps track of when medicines are taken, and that one updates its tile. It doesn't have any network functionality though, it just shows when the next med is due. Maybe that's a different type of "live" notification type.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani