Quick Q about Lumia data

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a quick Q about the Lumia data. Everytime I slide the screen up to unlock the phone, I see that it is connecting to the wifi as soon as it is unlocked. So how is it syncing my email, weather etc when it is locked. Is it using my HSPA data to update the live tiles. I would not want that, Right? Although it might be minimal usage to update my weather and email, I would want it to do so over Wifi at home or at work. Is this how it is connecting to the wifi for everyone. Educate me, please.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes that is correct. Wifi goes to sleep if it stays idle under a locked screen and reconnects as soon as you unlock. This is supposed to save on battery, but also correct in noting that it uses your cellular data. Also, as you have mentioned, it uses very minimal data for email, weather, etc. I think it really only updates notifications and live tiles and doesn't actually update content until you unlock the device, using wifi.

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is correct. Wifi goes to sleep if it stays idle under a locked screen and reconnects as soon as you unlock. This is supposed to save on battery, but also correct in noting that it uses your cellular data. Also, as you have mentioned, it uses very minimal data for email, weather, etc. I think it really only updates notifications and live tiles and doesn't actually update content until you unlock the device, using wifi.

Thank you for you reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte