Quick questions about Asphalt 8

jjag520

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Doesnt the Asphalt 8 on WP have daily play rewards, win streak rewards, daily challenges, and bonus credits for signing up through either Facebook or G+?

Why does it always crash everytime I tap the "Friend's Activity/Race with your friends' ghosts" button?

Should I just uninstall+reinstall it?

Played it on a Lumia 920 GDR3+Black

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Doesnt the Asphalt 8 on WP have daily play rewards, win streak rewards, daily challenges, and bonus credits for signing up through either Facebook or G+?
Why does it always crash everytime I tap the "Friend's Activity/Race with your friends' ghosts" button?
Should I just uninstall+reinstall it?
Played it on a Lumia 920 GDR3+Black

Good questions! So A8 will get a big update that implements daily play rewards, win streak rewards, etc. once it's done being ported to Windows. Currently Android and iOS have it but that's only because they went F2P earlier then Windows and they are that much further on the game timeline. Fear not though, that update will be coming!

Not sure about the crashing issue, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling because I haven't heard of that issue before. Otherwise, you could always contact our support team to see if they've received any specific reports about crashing on the 920. Here's a link if you want to go that route: Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or does Asphalt 8 have lower frames per second than Asphalt 7?

I find A8 a bit "slow"

HTC 8X

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
We are awaiting for game updates since on Android exists more features.
If my game is version 1.0.1b, can I play online with my friend's 1.2.1b?

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
We are awaiting for game updates since on Android exists more features.
If my game is version 1.0.1b, can I play online with my friend's 1.2.1b?

The updates will be coming, they just need to be ported over to Windows before we can release them. Since A8 has been out on Android and iOS for that much longer then Windows, those versions are further along the Development timeline. Fear not though, they will be coming!

For your second point, you won't be able to play the game until you are running the latest update so you should automatically be forced to go to 1.2.1. The only thing I can think is that your friends are on other operating systems and in that case you won't be able to play with them because A8 doesn't offer cross-platform play.

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The graphics on 512mb devices are just too much low. When compared to 1gb devices. Even asphalt 7 has better graphics? Where there be a option to set graphic like android very low-low-medium-high ??

Sent from my a phone

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The updates will be coming, they just need to be ported over to Windows before we can release them. Since A8 has been out on Android and iOS for that much longer then Windows, those versions are further along the Development timeline. Fear not though, they will be coming!

For your second point, you won't be able to play the game until you are running the latest update so you should automatically be forced to go to 1.2.1. The only thing I can think is that your friends are on other operating systems and in that case you won't be able to play with them because A8 doesn't offer cross-platform play.

Hey Ryan, Asphalt has been bumped to 1.0.0.2. Assuming its an update for bug fixes, when can we expect version 1.2.0.0? (The La-Ferrari update) Eagerly waiting. :)

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
When I was updating to 1.0.2 I saw two problems:
1. I had to download the whole game (820 MB).
2. In the time of installing, my device was running from 9GB free space to 6.30GB and that was annoying. If my device has full memory , what would I had to do? I think that one is a major bug.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, Asphalt has been bumped to 1.0.0.2. Assuming its an update for bug fixes, when can we expect version 1.2.0.0? (The La-Ferrari update) Eagerly waiting. :)

Yeah I saw the email saying the update went out! I've been told that our Dev team is working on porting over the La-Ferrari update now. I wasn't given an ETA because it's still early on in the process but they said I'd get more info once they have a date in mind!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
When I was updating to 1.0.2 I saw two problems:
1. I had to download the whole game (820 MB).
2. In the time of installing, my device was running from 9GB free space to 6.30GB and that was annoying. If my device has full memory , what would I had to do? I think that one is a major bug.

That's strange that you installed the whole game. However, if you did, the fact that you used up about 3 gigs of space is pretty common due to a game being installed and needing 2-3 times the space to unpack before shrinking back down. If anyone else notices they are downloading the whole game while updating, let me know and I'll ask to see if this is normal on Windows devices.

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
It comed back to 9GB but the problem is that if I eventually had 2GB left, I couldn't update the game.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
It comed back to 9GB but the problem is that if I eventually had 2GB left, I couldn't update the game.

Ahh gotcha. Yeah for some reason, on all platforms, games have to unpack to the larger size. That's actually something we can't control on our side of things so I'm sorry but I am glad you were able to update the game!

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Ahh gotcha. Yeah for some reason, on all platforms, games have to unpack to the larger size. That's actually something we can't control on our side of things so I'm sorry but I am glad you were able to update the game!

Hey Ryan, I have noticed that apart from the lens flare effects, asphalt 8 also shows bouquet effects (I saw it on my friend's iPhone and multiple YouTube gameplay videos). But it was not available on my 820. So I thought it was the limited hardware but when I played it on a 1520 it was absent there also. So I am assuming that feature is not present in the windowsphone version of the game. Please notify the devs Ryan. :) Again thanks for your support :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss