Quick questions about Asphalt 8

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to check on all of the various graphical features you all are asking about. I was under the impression those things were ported over but I'll double check and see if I can clarify this with the Dev team. I will post back when I get an answer!

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to check on all of the various graphical features you all are asking about. I was under the impression those things were ported over but I'll double check and see if I can clarify this with the Dev team. I will post back when I get an answer!

These effects are not much of importance. If we get more frame rate and stability without those effects, its a good trade off.

Also, will GT Racing, Wild Blood, Order & Chaos Duels/Heroes come to Windows Phone anytime soon ?

Last edited:

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Ryan don't mind about asking a question about android. Why is asphalt 8 1.57gb for android and 820mb for windows phone 8 . Dose wp has significantly less contents??

Sent from my a phone

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Love the game best so far in series in my opinion.

Is it me or does Anybody else notice a frame rate loss with update or it just me, Only those with 512ram devices in particular (521/520). It seems the graphics are little better looking, previous version where more sharp looking and frame rate was acceptable. after update graphics seem more blurry, controls are not has responsive has they where. Before I had control set to 50% and could easily activate a drift. I had to turn it up to 68% but still having hard time activation a drift sometimes even in single player mode's.

May I should try to uninstall and reinstall once again.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Ryan don't mind about asking a question about android. Why is asphalt 8 1.57gb for android and 820mb for windows phone 8 . Dose wp has significantly less contents??

Sent from my a phone

Windows 8 version of Asphalt is over 1.3 Gigs, so i am assuming you might have seen an android tablet version of the game. (in the play store it says size varies by device)

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
These effects are not much of importance. If we get more frame rate and stability without those effects, its a good trade off.

Also, will GT Racing, Wild Blood, Order & Chaos Duels/Heroes come to Windows Phone anytime soon ?

Frame rate and stability can definitely come with updates as our Development team get more feedback from reviews and support tickets. When I asked about the various effects you mentioned I was told the entire game was ported over and no effects were reduced/removed on our end. I'm not sure why you're noticing the difference but I've made sure people are aware of it!

I don't have any information on GT Racing 2 right now. I'm still waiting to see our finalized release plans for the next couple of months for Windows. Once I get some info though, I'll be sure to share it! As for the other older Gameloft games, I know our Dev team is looking at our catalog of games for opportunities to port some over to Windows. I'll see if I can get any specifics on what old titles are headed over in the near future.

Sent from my a phone

The size is probably different because we needed to optimize it for both sides of 512MB ram. The game is the same in term of content and features across the board :)

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've been playing this on my W8 machine at home and I just purchased a surface pro. Is there anyway to transfer my progress like with Asphalt 7?

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've been playing this on my W8 machine at home and I just purchased a surface pro. Is there anyway to transfer my progress like with Asphalt 7?

Yes, the game should sync between devices as long as you've logged in with a social log in. This way it creates a unique user ID and can transfer progress from one device to the other, as long as it's on the same platform (Windows to Windows, Android to Android, etc.).

I can only race with ghost when I'm connected to internet. When I'm offline the game crashes.

Correct, you can only race ghosts when connected to the Internet because you need to download the ghosts. However, I don't believe the game should be crashing when offline. I'd suggest trying to restart your device after a crash happens to see if it continues. Not 100% sure what's causing that though off the top of my head.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the game should sync between devices as long as you've logged in with a social log in. This way it creates a unique user ID and can transfer progress from one device to the other, as long as it's on the same platform (Windows to Windows, Android to Android, etc.).

Correct, you can only race ghosts when connected to the Internet because you need to download the ghosts. However, I don't believe the game should be crashing when offline. I'd suggest trying to restart your device after a crash happens to see if it continues. Not 100% sure what's causing that though off the top of my head.

Hey Ryan, i have a bug to report. Whenever I play the online multiplayer (World Series), in the middle of the race my car automatically hard steers to a random direction (usually hitting walls and get wrecked). This is random and happens in almost all my online matches.

Also, why is online multiplayer not divided into classes? Why do I have to faceoff against an S class when I use a B class vehicle?

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

As a developer I can see the reasoning behind using a "social network" - you guys get to advertise and use it as a unique Id, but as a customer it makes a bit more sense to use a windows account info since it's used for my phone, pc AND any social networks I'm connected to. BUT then I remember you guys are basically providing great touch based games...FOR FREE. Sucks for me as I don't use facebook and have no plans to start :( I guess Asphalt 7 only works because I created that gameloft account.

Anyway, thanks for supporting the platform.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, i have a bug to report. Whenever I play the online multiplayer (World Series), in the middle of the race my car automatically hard steers to a random direction (usually hitting walls and get wrecked). This is random and happens in almost all my online matches.
Also, why is online multiplayer not divided into classes? Why do I have to faceoff against an S class when I use a B class vehicle?

Along with posting here, I suggest reporting this issue to our support team because it will then go directly to our Devs. Here's a link for you :) Support Team Contact Form

But I don't even uploaded the ghosts anywhere... And the game already kills the battery, I don't need the data enabled...

You may not be uploading your ghosts, but if you're trying to race other people's ghosts then that's what requires the data connection. Otherwise, you should be able to play solo races and career mode without having to be connected.

As a developer I can see the reasoning behind using a "social network" - you guys get to advertise and use it as a unique Id, but as a customer it makes a bit more sense to use a windows account info since it's used for my phone, pc AND any social networks I'm connected to. BUT then I remember you guys are basically providing great touch based games...FOR FREE. Sucks for me as I don't use facebook and have no plans to start :( I guess Asphalt 7 only works because I created that gameloft account.
Anyway, thanks for supporting the platform.

Since we are moving away from using the Gameloft Live service, social accounts replace that and allow us to assign specific ID's to players. I think the reason we use mainstream social accounts is because our Developers can work on tools that work on all the platforms we develop for. So a Facebook tool can be tweaked slightly on Windows, Android, and iOS compared to creating a specific Windows tool, Android tool, and iOS tool. Something could be in the works in the future though, who knows!

We are happy to be on Windows though. This is one of the more active communities I get to talk to on a daily basis :)

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Ryan when will the next update for asphalt 8 will come? Also can you guys add a installer for asphalt 8 just like gta SA so it can be installed without WiFi ?

Sent from my a phone

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Ryan when will the next update for asphalt 8 will come? Also can you guys add a installer for asphalt 8 just like gta SA so it can be installed without WiFi ?
Sent from my a phone

I'm not quite sure what you mean by installer because I actually haven't played GTA SA on mobile yet. Any Gameloft games that require additional files will begin the secondary download when you first start up the game. Since these games are often really big (1gig+) we require players to use WiFi so they don't blow through their data plan in 1 download. I can't see that changing due to the sizes of our games and the sizes of data plans but I'd be happy to explore what you're talking about if you can give me more info!

I can't...

I'd suggest either try restarting your device, re-installing the game or contacting our support team for a more technical solution. I'm sorry I haven't run in to this issue before on any platform so I'm not sure how to fix it off the top of my head and after talking to the team they said the game can be played offline. Here's a link for you: Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786