Quick questions about Asphalt 8

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I can play the game offline, but I can't add own ghost to race :)
I think it's my fault... When you told me that I can play solo offline, I tought that I'm supposed to be able racing own ghosts offline, but you we're talking about normally playing the game offline. Sorry about my mistake....
When the update arrives?

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I can play the game offline, but I can't add own ghost to race :)
I think it's my fault... When you told me that I can play solo offline, I tought that I'm supposed to be able racing own ghosts offline, but you we're talking about normally playing the game offline. Sorry about my mistake....
When the update arrives?

Ahh okay, glad you understand what I was saying earlier :) The next update is still being ported over. I will try to get an ETA but it all depends on how far the team is in terms of getting everything set.

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Good questions! So A8 will get a big update that implements daily play rewards, win streak rewards, etc. once it's done being ported to Windows. Currently Android and iOS have it but that's only because they went F2P earlier then Windows and they are that much further on the game timeline. Fear not though, that update will be coming!

Not sure about the crashing issue, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling because I haven't heard of that issue before. Otherwise, you could always contact our support team to see if they've received any specific reports about crashing on the 920. Here's a link if you want to go that route: Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

I too have the crashing issue when trying to race with friends' ghosts.It happens every time I try to do that.I've even reinstalled it once.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan any new updates about upcoming games and current ones?

Nothing new today. I usually get information about updates a week before they hit, so once I get that information I'll do my best to share it. For new releases I can't release any dates yet and I'm waiting to get the clear to talk about new titles from our Dev team.

I too have the crashing issue when trying to race with friends' ghosts.It happens every time I try to do that.I've even reinstalled it once.

I'd suggest using the support form that I linked earlier. That way you can send in all of your information/logs directly to our support team. That technical information will help our Dev team iron out the issue!

Diavke

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have downloaded and moved .xap file on to SD card, but it doesn't appear on the WP store SD card for 12 hours now. I tried restarting, turning the phone off/on. Any suggestions guys?

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Nothing new today. I usually get information about updates a week before they hit, so once I get that information I'll do my best to share it. For new releases I can't release any dates yet and I'm waiting to get the clear to talk about new titles from our Dev team.

I'd suggest using the support form that I linked earlier. That way you can send in all of your information/logs directly to our support team. That technical information will help our Dev team iron out the issue!

Hey Ryan, So any updates on games? Is it possible for you to tell us which game is currently being ported by Gameloft's WP8 team?

Kanishk Patil

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey Ryan or anyone else for that matter, I m gonna download asphalt 8 for L620 bt I wanted to know bforw hand that how much space is required for the gane to install? Bcoz I downloaded dungeon hunter 4 (720mb) and had abt 3.5 GB free in int memory bt still couldnt install it!! Plzz help!

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ryan, So any updates on games? Is it possible for you to tell us which game is currently being ported by Gameloft's WP8 team?

I can't yet. I have to wait to get clearance from the Dev team to announce new ports or expected updates. So, once I get the go-ahead on some of our current projects, I'll be sure to share them when I get the chance!

Hey Ryan or anyone else for that matter, I m gonna download asphalt 8 for L620 bt I wanted to know bforw hand that how much space is required for the gane to install? Bcoz I downloaded dungeon hunter 4 (720mb) and had abt 3.5 GB free in int memory bt still couldnt install it!! Plzz help!

I think people were able to install Asphalt 8 with about 3gigs of space on their phone. There are a couple of threads that have addressed this and I'll have to look through my history and see if I can find any data that's different from what I said earlier :)

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't yet. I have to wait to get clearance from the Dev team to announce new ports or expected updates. So, once I get the go-ahead on some of our current projects, I'll be sure to share them when I get the chance!

Thanks for the reply Ryan. Hope Asphalt update will come within this month along with GT Racing 2. :)

j3angerz

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I currently using the Lumia 1520 and here two things I wanna ask you Ryan .
1st : About A8 , the la Ferrari update package is very good . You guys have brought a lot of thing like new maps , cars , new effect etc but why you guys cannot bring the whole graphic package like android or iOS devices , I believe that I have the most powerful device not only WP but also android world right ? but I can't see flare , I can't see blur when I'm in high speed or using nitro . Why ? Because the OS itself or something else that hold those things back ? And the performance of this update is not good sometime is extremely laggy and i have to restart my phone to sovle that "bug" . The reinstall is useless . Hope for next update will make this game's performance and graphic better cuz I payed before it F2P
2nd : It is extremely ridiculous thing . The new racing game you guys have brought : GT Racing 2 is laggy on my phone (car is disappeared , sky sometime disappeared , laggy at menu and in race , sound problem like static noises , no headlight effect when race at night , the reflection of the road is crappy not like android or. IOS version ) but it run smoothly on my brother's 920 with beautiful effects and i saw a video on YouTube they run the game perfect with 925 too @@ don't know why .

And be advised: My phone is running 8.1 preview

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I currently using the Lumia 1520 and here two things I wanna ask you Ryan . [Deleted for space]
And be advised: My phone is running 8.1 preview

1 - I have been told by the Dev team that the whole game was ported over. Any adjustments that they made for graphics is something they felt necessary for the platform, but I was lead to believe that they didn't remove/add anything different from Android or iOS.

2 - I'm sorry the game is laggy on your device. I can assure you that as we support the game with future updates we will continue to improve performance and experiences for our players. If you have issues like the ones you mentioned, I highly encourage you to report them to our support team. They will get whatever tech information they need from you so we can reproduce the issues and get to the root of the problem on our end. So, if you get a chance, please use this link to let them know :) Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

Giulieta Iruga

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ryan, it seems you're the only Gameloft guy answering on the internet, so I'll try my questions here, too :) (especially after the non-existent support from the company).
1) do you know if there is the possibility to increase the game graphics on WP (Lumia 630 here, with a lot of free space, stable connection and all that stuff)
2) does the game come with no city havoc on windows phone?
3) after last update, no more traffic on my game too! the thing is becoming a little frustrating...

Thanx for the answers, and thanx to everybody that could give me a hint. In all my web researches I have yet to find the graphic specifics of the game for WP! I can't even know if city havoc was implemented or not...

Rob Bushell

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
how many of you playing this are going to spend 80 quid for the 2 Meh! cars??
and how many are going to race hundreds of times for 4.5k a time, to raise the 3000000 they asking for the top car??
with out even getting into the 20-60k upgrades..
even with the double bubble 80p buy, its still going to take days..

King R3X

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
hey i recently updated asphalt 8 for the new decals and etc. on my pc and now whenever i race IN-GAME, everything seems blurry and low quality. what can i do to fix this? before THIS update asphalt 8 looked just fine while racing. plz help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte